Unpaid internship - Walk San Francisco - Membership and Outreach Intern
- MEMBERSHIP AND OUTREACH INTERN
Walk San Francisco’s Membership Intern will gain valuable skills and
advocacy experience while helping to build a strong voice for
pedestrians and sustainable streets in San Francisco.
Tasks may include assisting in and leading projects in member
communications, managing the member database, outreach to recruit new
members and local businesses, tabling, volunteer management, website
and social media updating, and more.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who's interested in
building sustainable cities to learn how a non-profit organization
really works – get in on the ground floor of a small, rapidly growing
Build your resume and get valuable hands-on experience in the non-profit field.
This internship offers a flexible schedule within a preferred
16-hour/week, 3-month commitment. The position is not paid, but we can
work with any academic requirements to help interns earn college
Skills & Knowledge to be Gained
• Real-world grassroots experience in non-profit communications and development
• Project management skills through helping organize larger projects
• Experience planning and implementing new marketing and outreach
• Inside experience with a rapidly growing grassroots movement
• Valuable job experience, including sought-after skills such as
database, web, and social media management
• Academic credit if available through your academic institution's
• Interest in Marketing/Membership/Outreach/Communications
• Willingness to pitch in and help out with a variety of projects
• Track record of working well on team projects
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
• Natural leadership qualities
• Commitment to building a sustainable San Francisco
• FileMaker experience
• Web/html experience
• Graphics (Illustrator) savvy
• Familiarity with San Francisco and a love of walking!
• Experience with Macintosh computers
We are currently accepting applications for Membership Internships for
Summer and Fall 2011.
Please send a letter of interest, references, and resume to: info@...
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.