PT job - San Francisco - Rails-to-Trails Conservancy - Program Assistant

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/49119%5d

      Part-time temporary, Program Assistant - Western Regional Office
      Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
      Location: San Francisco - Downtown, California, 94104, United States
      Posted on: April 26, 2011
      Category: Planning / Land Use, Transportation, Urban Design
      Experience: 3-5 years

      Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, a national environmental nonprofit
      organization, seeks a temporary part-time Project Assistant for our
      Western Regional office in San Francisco. This position is for 9-12
      months, approximately 15 hours per week, and begins in July 2011. The
      salary is $15/hour and does not include benefits. The position may be
      extended, pending additional funding approval. Duties: Support our
      statewide Healthy Transportation Network program by handling
      logistical planning and outreach for our series of
      Pedestrian-Bicyclist Safety Workshops; provide research support for
      our trail related publications and planning documents; outreach,
      education and organizing activities relating to our national Active
      Transportation policy campaign and our Urban Pathways Initiative
      project (trail encouragement programs). Other tasks may include
      administrative support and preparing articles for our e-newsletter and

      Qualifications: Experience in transportation planning, environmental
      policy, and/or political organizing and campaign work; must have
      excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interest and
      enthusiasm for trails/open space/alternative transportation issues;
      must be resourceful and able to work independently. Sense of humor and
      flexibility to help where needed are essential! For a detailed job
      announcement, please go to our website at www.railstotrails.org and
      click on careers. To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter (tell us
      why you are interested in this particular position, and what
      qualifications you bring) to: Elton Clark, Manager, Human Resources,
      Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, 2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor, Duke
      Ellington Building, Washington, D.C. 20037, or e-mail to
      elton@.... Please choose only one form of transmitting
      your resume. If you have questions, please email Elton Clark; no phone
      calls please as we receive many applications. RTC is an equal
      opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of
      race, color, gender, disability or national origin. Women and diverse
      candidates are encouraged to apply.