May 4: Raze the House: Redefining Housing in a Time of Scarce Resources

  • justino707
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2011
      Join Silicon Valley Leadership Group and Housing Trust of Santa Clara County for the

      RAZE THE HOUSE: REDEFINING HOUSING IN A TIME OF SCARCE RESOURCES

      With redevelopment agencies under threat, diminished investment in low income housing tax credits and the exhaustion of Proposition 1C funds, affordable housing is at a crossroads. If you are concerned about the future of affordable homes, do NOT miss this summit gathering city planners, key housing leaders, policy makers and community advocates to discuss solutions to our short and long term housing challenges. Looking back to look forward, we'll be joined by a panel of former Directors of California's Housing & Community Development Department, including the Director during Governor Brown's first term in the mid-1970's.

      Featured Keynote Speaker, Peter Calthorpe! Named one of 25 "innovators on the cutting edge" by Newsweek Magazine for his work redefining the models of urban and suburban growth in America. Also, Founder of the Congress for New Urbanism, and recently led a groundbreaking state-wide urban design effort, Vision California, to inform the implementation of the state's Climate Change legislation

      We will also honor a very special Silicon Valley Housing Hero, Leslye Corsiglia, San Jose's Director of Housing.

      WHEN:
      Wednesday, May 4th
      8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

      WHERE:
      Oshman Family Jewish Community Center
      3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto

      COST:
      $40; Includes continental breakfast and lunch!
      Discounts and sponsorships are available upon request.

      For more information and registration, go to:
      http://svlg.org/events/housingsummit/

      A special thanks to our sponsors:
      bre, Green Republic, EAH, Eden, ROEM, Charities Housing, BD Biosciences, MidPen Housing Corporation, Prometheus, and Summerhill Homes

      Questions? Special Requests? Please don't hesitate to contact me directly!

      Hope to see you there,
      Clorama Dorvilias
      Housing and Community Development Associate
      Silicon Valley Leadership Group
      (408) 501-7873
      www.svlg.org
      cdorvilias@...