Housing Summit 2011: Razing the House

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      Have you thought about where you will live in the next 20 years? Are you
      concerned for where your children can live once they are out on their own?
      With the crash of the economy, funding and incentives for creating
      affordable housing is at risk to disappear. Let's all come together and
      rethink how we can continue to make sure that we have a place for our aging
      residents, children, and for those at risk of losing their homes in this
      recession.

      We encourage our community members presence to learn about the importance of
      affordable homes and be a part of the discussion to find solutions and
      communicate needs from the local perspective. This event promises to be fun
      with great networking opportunities. Silicon Valley Leadership Group and the
      Housing Trust of Santa Clara County hope to see you there!

      Join *Silicon Valley Leadership Group* and *Housing Trust of Santa Clara
      County* for the

      [image: housingsummitlogo(2)]

      *RAZE THE HOUSE: REDEFINING HOUSING IN A TIME OF SCARCE RESOURCES*

      With redevelopment agencies under threat, diminished investment in low
      income housing tax credits and the exhaustion of Proposition 1C funds,
      affordable housing is at a crossroads. If you are concerned about the
      future of affordable homes, do *NOT* miss this summit gathering city
      planners, key housing leaders, policy makers and community advocates to
      discuss solutions to our short and long term housing challenges. Looking
      back to look forward, we'll be joined by a panel of former Directors of
      California's Housing & Community Development Department, including the
      Director during Governor Brown's first term in the mid-1970's.

      *We are thrilled to be having a very special keynote*, *Peter Calthorpe!*
      Mr. Calthorpe has been named one of 25 �innovators on the cutting edge� by
      Newsweek Magazine for his work redefining the models of urban and suburban
      growth in America. He is a founder of the Congress for New Urbanism, and
      recently led a groundbreaking state-wide urban design effort, Vision
      California, to inform the implementation of the state�s Climate Change
      legislation.

      We will also honor a very special Silicon Valley Housing Hero, Leslye
      Corsiglia, San Jose's Director of Housing.

      *When: WEDNESDAY, MAY 4TH*
      *8:30AM-3PM*
      *Where: OSHMAN FAMILY JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER*
      *3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto*

      *Cost: $40 (covers continental breakfast and lunch)*

      *Discounts and comps can be made available upon request. We want everyone
      there!*

      *For more information, check out the website**
      http://svlg.org/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SiliconValleyLeaders/9dbffc5a0b/79cfbdd91f/77c7cf11db>
      events/housingsummit/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SiliconValleyLeaders/9dbffc5a0b/79cfbdd91f/78f92298c9>
      *

      A *special thanks* to our sponsors:

      *bre, Green Republic, and EAH*

      *And,*

      *Eden, ROEM, Charities Housing, BD Biosciences, MidPen Housing Corporation,
      Prometheus, and Summerhill Homes*

      Questions? Special Requests? Please don't hesitate to contact me directly!

      Hope to see you there,

      Clorama Dorvilias
      Housing and Community Development Associate
      Silicon Valley Leadership Group
      (408) 501-7873

      www.svlg.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SiliconValleyLeaders/9dbffc5a0b/79cfbdd91f/c75e24dcbe>

      cdorvilias@...