Events: You choose the future of the Bay Area - starting Thursday

  • Anne Koeller
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 2:45 PM
      Attend an upcoming "YouChoose/One Bay Area" public workshop and shape the next generation of transportation and land use!

      Get more details at our new regional-policy focused blog and RSVP now.

      Our county and regional leaders are attempting something bold in response to California's groundbreaking smart growth law, SB 375: creating an integrated, long-term transportation and land use plan for the entire Bay Area.

      Thank goodness – and finally!  By 2035 there will be an estimated
      900,000 new households and 1.2 million new jobs in the Bay Area.  How
      this growth happens has huge implications for our economy, environment, and
      quality of life for people of all incomes.

      We need to be smart about this, which is where you come in.  We need people like you in every county to attend upcoming “You Choose/One Bay Area" workshops and speak out for the things that support a future with affordable, abundant public transportation and walkable, bikable communities.

      These workshops are your first chance to get up-to-speed and plug into the planning process where you live.  Participants will work together with a cool new interactive tool to look at how different choices in transportation, housing, and land use change the region’s emissions, cost of living, open space, traffic, and more.  The second half of the workshops will include a presentation by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission and Association of Bay Area Governments on how they're approaching developing the regional plan, with some commentary by our colleagues at Greenbelt Alliance.

      Santa Clara County - April 21*
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Mountain View RSVP now

      San Francisco County - April 21
      5:30-8:30 p.m. San Francisco RSVP now

      San Mateo County - April 27*
      5:30-8:30 p.m. San Mateo RSVP now

      Napa County - April 28
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Napa RSVP now

      Solano County - May 4
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Fairfield RSVP now

      Contra Costa County - May 7*
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Concord RSVP now

      Marin County - May 11
      5:30-8:30 p.m. San Rafael RSVP now

      Sonoma County - May 18*
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Santa Rosa RSVP now

      Alameda County - May 19*
      5:30-8:30 p.m. Berkeley RSVP now

      The starred workshops are hosted by the Silicon Valley Community Founation in
      partnership with Greenbelt Alliance, TransForm, KQED and Calthorpe
      Associates.  The other workshops are coordinated by: the Association of
      Bay Area Governments, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, the Bay
      Area Air Quality Management District, and the Bay Conservation and
      Development Commission.

      The choices we make today will determine the future for generations to come.

      Thanks for your help in making sure the Bay Area chooses wisely!

      - Marta

      ________________________________
      Marta
      Lindsey, Communications and Development Director
      TransForm
      436
      14th Street, Suite 600, Oakland, CA 94612
      510.740.3150x321

      www.TransFormCA.org
      www.facebook.com/TransFormCA
      www.twitter.com/TransForm_Alert