The Contra Costa Water District (CCWD), recognized as a leading-edge water
service provider committed to providing exceptional service, is seeking a
qualified Geographic Information Systems Analyst to join our team. As a
member of the CCWD family, you will be working in state-of-the-art
facilities, engaged in challenging work in a fast-paced, expanding
environment. CCWD employees enjoy competitive salaries and exceptional
benefits, and share a work culture focused on innovation, hard work, and
recognizing achievement. If you're interested in advancing your career with
a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply!
The GIS Analyst will serve as a technical resource by providing technical
support, perform GIS analysis, develop, implement and maintain a complex
GIS. This position will be responsible for designing, updating, implementing
and managing GIS software applications in paper, digital and web format,
analyze and interpret geographic data, coordinate data sharing with other
departments to determine mapping needs.
Example of Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs, updates, implements, and manages GIS software applications
- Resolves user problems in the operation of GIS devices or uses of
software commands, analyzes causes of problems, and provides training and
assistance to District staff with CAD, GIS, and GPS programs.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives,
establishes schedules and methods for providing GIS services, and implement
District GIS policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets geographic data and ensures that data quality
standards are consistently maintained.
- Coordinates GIS data conversion and cartographic production activities
and prepares maps, drawings, spreadsheets, data files, and other
- Manage all incoming as-builts, records, plans, and maps from various
department and consultants.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and
Employee Assistance Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation plan
- Sick Leave and Holiday pay
- 2.3% retirement benefit at age 55, increasing to 2.6% at age 60, with
reciprocity with CalPERS and CalPERS reciprocal agencies
- 100% employer-paid retiree health insurance for retiree and his/her
- 2 years experience in database analysis, database design, application
development, and system maintenance with automated mapping and geographic
- A Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university with
major course work in geography, computer science, engineering, or a related
- Valid California Driver?s License with satisfactory driving record
- Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment exam including a
criminal background check
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit an electronic application and supplemental
form online at www.ccwater.com/employment.
Compensation: $6,231 - $7,574/mo.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Phone calls about this job are ok.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]