Next Thursday 3/31: Healthy Communities Forum

  • Megan Fluke
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      Please join me at the Healthy Communities Forum Kick-Off -"Building Healthy
      Places for a Healthier Future" - on Thursday, March 31 from 6:30-8:30pm at
      San Mateo Council Chambers (330 West 20th Avenue). Flyer with additional
      details attached. Dinner will be provided, no charge. *RSVP
      Here*.<http://lomaprieta.sierraclub.org/bcfc.asp>

      Mayor Jack Mattews of the City of San Mateo will be providing the welcome.
      Our guest speaker is Don Weden, a retired Santa Clara County principal
      planner, and well known for his "Cities for All Ages: Land Use Planning and
      Our Aging Population" talk. He will be providing an overview of the forces
      that will shape the economic, social, and environmental health of our cities
      � and what we need to do to assure that our individual cities are prepared
      for the major changes and challenges rapidly coming our way. Afterward,
      we�ll discuss solutions and strategize about next steps together.

      These Healthy Communities Forums explore how the various facets of the
      health of our cities � economic, environmental, and social � intersect.
      Each Forum is a unique opportunity for decision makers, community leaders,
      and the general public to listen to visionary speakers who share their
      knowledge related to a specific aspect of a healthy community. Participants
      will engage in dialogue to connect the vision of a healthy community to
      their own community, discuss solutions, and together decide on meaningful
      next steps. Future talks include transportation, housing, local economies,
      and public health.

      Cohosted by Mayor Jack Matthews, Mayor Terry Nagel, Supervisor Carole Groom,
      County Planning Commissioner Fred Hansson, City Planning Commission Chair
      Kelly Moran, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, Sustainable San Mateo County,
      Council of San Mateo Health Systems, City of San Mateo, Housing Leadership
      Council, Greenbelt Alliance, American Planners Association of Northern
      California, and San Mateo Cool Cities Team.

      *Dinner will be provided, no charge. **RSVP
      Here*<http://lomaprieta.sierraclub.org/bcfc.asp>.

      Sincerely,

      Megan
      --
      Megan Fluke
      Grassroots Organizer

      3921 E. Bayshore Road
      Palo Alto, CA 94303
      (650) 390 9604
      megan.fluke@...

      Do you think your city could be greener? Join your local Cool Cities Team,
      a motivated group of residents in your neighborhood who are working together
      to make your city a more sustainable place. Contact me if you'd like more
      information.