Great Parks/Great Cities: Celebrating 150 Years of Central Park

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 04/21/2003 07:38 PM -----

      service@...
      04/21/2003 04:19 PM

      To: "Asha Weinstein" <asha.weinstein@...>
      cc:
      Subject: Great Parks/Great Cities: Celebrating 150 Years of Central Park

      GREAT PARKS/GREAT CITIES: CELEBRATING 150 YEARS OF CENTRAL PARK
      Great Parks/Great Cities: Celebrating 150 Years of Central Park, to be
      held June 21-25, is now two months away. We hope you'll be able to join us
      in New York for this inspiring and informative event.
      This eighth parks conference will convene people from around the world to
      explore the past, present and future of great parks. Most important,
      participants will bring home tools, techniques and the collective know-how
      from 100 cities to boost their efforts at home. For details on all the
      exciting tours, workshops, and special receptions, please visit the
      conference website at http://pps.org/GPGC.
      LAST MONTH FOR EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT
      We encourage everyone to take advantage of the opportunity to come with a
      team and get a discounted price of $285 (versus $350 for an individual).
      The sooner you begin building your team, the more you can maximize the
      team-building impact on your projects. In addition, early registration
      gets you the best prices: after May 21 prices go up $50 ($335 for team
      members; $400 for individuals).
      NOMINATE YOUR PARK FOR AN AWARD
      We also invite you to nominate your favorite park for the 2003 Great
      Parks/Great Cities Awards, honoring the best of American urban parks. The
      deadline to submit your park is May 31, and all nominations are welcome,
      from small neighborhood places to nationally-renowned parks and squares.
      The awards will be announced on Monday, June 23 at a special reception
      hosted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., in honor of the 150th anniversary of
      Central Park, at its world headquarters in New York City. Award winners
      will be featured on the Urban Parks Online website and in Metropolis
      Magazine. For more information, visit http://www.pps.org/topics/gps/GPGC_awards.
      BOOK NOW!
      Join us in New York for a truly memorable event. Register at http://pps.org/GPGC.