---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at
Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Subject: Planning Jobs - Department of City and Regional Planning at Berkeley
Housing Development Intern
Posted: 01 Mar 2011 09:38 PM PST
Job Title: Housing Development Intern
Description: THE POSITION
With the oversight of a Senior Project Manager in the Housing
Development Department, the Intern is responsible for supporting
department efforts to develop affordable housing in the Tenderloin and
surrounding neighborhoods. The hours for this position are flexible,
with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Interns are asked to make a
minimum commitment of three months starting as soon as possible. This
is an unpaid internship opportunity.
Project support to housing development project teams on several
affordable housing projects in development that are in predevelopment,
under construction or in the close-out process. Tasks may include the
preparation of funding applications and contract binders, construction
administration assistance, and department-related infrastructure
projects (i.e. post occupancy evaluations, design/construction
standards manual, etc.).
• Able to take initiative, follow instructions and function independently.
• Able to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects and meet rigorous
• Be organized and have excellent time management skills.
• Reliable, punctual, excellent attendance.
• Strong attention to details and follow through.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able and willing to function well in a diverse environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in a career in affordable housing development.
• Willingness to perform administrative tasks related to the
development of affordable housing projects.
• Volunteer, academic, or work experience related to affordable
housing and/or community development.
Submit cover letter and resume to: David Dologite, Senior Project
Manager, at ddologite@...
Please tell us where you saw this position listed. Deadline is March 4, 2010.
Firm Name: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
Firm Website: www.tndc.org
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: March 1, 2011 - March 1, 2011
Category: Community Development
Contact Name: David Dologite
Contact Email: ddologite@...
Date Submitted: March 1, 2011
Job Type: Internship