Paid internship - San Francisco County Transportation Authority - Planning Intern

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at Berkeley <
      noreply+feedproxy@... <noreply%2Bfeedproxy@...>>
      Date: Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:05 PM
      Subject: Planning Jobs - Department of City and Regional Planning at

      Job Title: PLANNING INTERN

      applications for our spring and/or summer Planning Internship position. If
      we feel you meet the qualifications of this position, we will contact you.
      This position will remain open until 2/28/2011.

      Employee Type: Intern/Temporary Employee

      Reports to: Deputy Director for Planning

      Availability: Interns should be available to work at least 16 hours per week
      during regular business hours, for at least a 12 week period of time. (Full
      time is also possible).
      Minimum Qualifications: Strong interest in urban transportation planning is
      required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is
      required. Proficiency with ArcGIS, database management, graphic design
      software, statistical analysis and/or web page design is desired.

      Skills and Abilities: Standard transportation planning principles, methods
      and processes; basic research methods, survey design, and database
      management techniques; ability to interpret data using appropriate planning
      methods and statistical techniques; familiarity with land use planning
      methods; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to prepare
      and present written reports and recommendations. Special skills for each
      group vary. Familiarity with travel demand modeling or GIS, project funding,
      or civil engineering are preferred for the Technology, Programming or
      Capital Projects groups respectively.

      Training and Experience: Prospective interns should have completed at least
      one semester in a relevant graduate level discipline (e.g. transportation
      planning, urban planning, civil engineering).

      Compensation Range: $20�$25/hr, D.O.E.

      Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume via email to
      jobs@... This email address is being protected from spam bots, you
      need Javascript enabled to view it or via fax to 415.522.4829. Please
      indicate which section you are applying for an internship with (Planning).
      Sorry, but we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for internship
      positions. We look forward to hearing from you!

      Firm Name: San Francisco County Transportation Authority
      Firm Website: www.sfcta.org
      Location: 100 Van Ness Ave, Floor 26
      San Francisco, CA 94102
      Paid: Paid