Needed: GIS Research Intern - Habitat for Humanity
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Research Intern Needed
About the Organization:
Silicon Valley Habitat for Humanity (HFHSV) is a non-profit
organization that builds quality, affordable, ownership housing
through volunteer efforts in long-term partnerships with qualified
families. Silicon Valley Habitat for Humanity is an affiliate of
Habitat for Humanity International.
This position reports directly to the Homeowner Relations Manager
Flexible 5-10 hours a week during regular work days from Monday �
Flexible 1-3 month commitment, negotiable.
This is an unpaid Internship.
HFHSV is seeking a GIS Research Intern that can help the organization
create multiple GIS maps that represent the communities that HFHSV
serves. The GIS Research Intern will create maps that identify areas
in the City of Santa Clara where initial outreach efforts will be
conducted. The population target for the GIS analysis include
households who are between the 30% (very low) to 50% (low) income
limits for Santa Clara County.
Organizational skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint), business/secretarial skills, discreetness, solution-
oriented, self-starter. No professional experience is necessary so
long as candidate is willing to learn. The HFHSV office does not
possess ArcGIS software, so the selected candidate will be responsible
for providing it independently in order to complete the work.
Position Description Responsibilities:
- Create GIS Outreach Maps
- Collect existing census data from appropriate agencies
- Capture data in GIS and create maps which will express big picture
- Create a summary of data and create language to describe findings
- Work with Homeowner Relations Manager to interpret data
- Create material that is transferable to collateral and marketing
- Streamline contents and summarize information
- Create report of findings which will impact civic advocacy efforts
- Support organization and department by performing additional
tasks as needed
At the completion of this internship, candidate will have created at
least two reports which will impact the efforts of the department and
organization as a whole. It is our intention that this internship will
provide strong, practical experience to candidate�s resume and
potential professional references.
Please send resumes and cover letters to alopez@...
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin. Silicon
Valley Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]