Internship - Bay Area Climate Collaborative
- The Bay Area Climate Collaborative (BACC) is a major initiative to drive clean energy solutions in the Bay Area. It was launched in 2009 by the mayors of San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose with aggressive targets for numerous areas including solar energy, energy efficiency, water conservation, and electric cars. A project of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, the BACC is a public/private program bringing municipalities, NGOs and industry leaders together to identify needs, resolve challenges and accelerate adoption of clean energy solutions, building the market and serving as a national model.
This exciting initiative is making the clean energy economy a reality.
Partners include Bank of America, Pacific Gas & Electric, California Energy Commission ,Environmental Defense Fund, Better Place, Coulomb Technologies and others.
OPPORTUNITY - Bay Area Climate Collaborative interns gain valuable skills and experience in key clean energy work in the region, meet elected officials and business leaders, and develop their networks for new opportunities.
In addition to general day-to-day support activities, there are a number of different areas where interns can play an important role, including:
Public communications such as op-eds, blogs, press releases, website
Support and development of BACC operations and key processes
Event planning, communications, and coordination
Research on economic and/or CO2 reduction impacts of specific actions
Attendance and logistical coordination of working groups in specific areas (EVs, green building, solar, etc)
Fundraising support such as philanthropic and corporate funder research and materials preparation
Approximately 40% of this position will be dedicated to project-level work including targeted research, action area work, and fundraising support. The other 60% will be dedicated to daily office and communications support tasks. This is an uncompensated opportunity, and we look for a commitment of 2-3 months and at least 2 days a week.
Job opportunities in the field will be brought to the attention of coordinators and letters of reference offered for strong performance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Program Associate Claire Barton for further details at cbarton@....