Intern Position: Writer & Researcher

  • andrewkylekrueger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Job Description:

      1.) Implement a national survey of economic developers and corporate
      real estateprofessionals about their use of social media.

      2.) Assist with writing a book about social media for economic
      development (that will alsoinclude the data and research).

      An ideal candidate would be someone with cityplanning/economic
      development background who would know how to analyze datafrom a national
      survey AND who is very familiar with social media including:Facebook,
      Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Slideshare, etc.

      Working with the Co-Founder of the company, the intern willassist with
      writing a book about social media for economic development. The
      end-product will be a published business book in which the writer will
      begiven credit for contributing to the publication. This is an
      idealinternship for a person looking to add a published book to

      Much of the research and writing will be coordinatedindependently by the
      writer with the oversight of our company's co-founder, soa
      self-motivated person is wanted.

      The ideal candidate for this position will have strongwriting skills and
      experience researching information using the Internet and byinterviewing
      experts. Candidates with specific interest in writing aboutbusiness,
      Internet trends, economic development, and innovation arepreferable.

      The candidate must have proficiency with Microsoft Word andPowerPoint.
      It is preferred that the candidate be familiar with socialmedia.
      College students or graduates are preferred.

      About GIS Planning Inc.

      GIS Planning is the creator and industry leader of Internet-based
      economicdevelopment using mapping analysis. We are a fast-growing
      companyheadquartered in San Francisco. In 2007, 2008, and 2009 we made
      the Inc.5000 list
      -inc.-5000-annual-list-of-fastest-growing-companies.html> of
      fastest-growing companies in the USA and the SanFrancisco Business
      Times "Fast 100"
      fastest-growing businesses in the BayArea. Our solutions are
      implemented by economic development organizationsserving over 11,500
      cities from New York to Hawaii and Alaska to Floridaincluding the
      majority of the 100 largest cities in the USA. Our work hasbeen
      featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Bloomberg
      BusinessWeek,Forbes, San Francisco Chronicle, TechCrunch, and other
      quality media which canbe viewed onour website
      <http://www.gisplanning.com/gis-planning-in-the-news.html> .

      In The New York Times article about how to assess a businessmarket, our
      ZoomProspector.com service was mentioned along with Google and Yelpas a
      website that "provides helpful information on local economic
      trends(population, income and demographics)".

      The company is lead by industry experts in economic development, SaaS,
      andgeographic information systems.

      GIS Planning's office is located in San Francisco's South of
      Marketneighborhood across the street from the Powell Street BART station
      and next tothe Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre. Our office is
      in theexciting new Mint Plaza with three trendy new restaurants (Chez
      Papa, 54 Mint,and ) and the ultra-hip Blue Bottle Coffee Shop outside of
      our door. Ourbuilding complex provides a rooftop gym and Jacuzzi with
      views of the cityskyline. For more information about GIS Planning,
      please visit us at www.gisplanning.com <http://www.gisplanning.com> .

      $15.00 an hour. This project can be used for graduaterequirement of a
      Professional Report if desired.

      GIS Planning has hired exceptional interns for full-timeemployment after
      the completion of an internship.

      Robyn Ayotte

      Operations Manager

      GIS Planning Inc. &ZoomProspector.com