FT job - Richmond - West Contra Costa Business Development Center - Project Manager
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Posted: 07 Jan 2011 12:51 AM PST
West Contra Costa Business Development Center
Job Title: Project Manager
Description: PROJECT MANAGER
This position will work closely with a small team of community-minded
professionals to strengthen and grow the agency’s Local Economic
Development Initiative (LEDI), a program that provides business
assistance to small contractors. The Project Manager will report to
the Executive Director and will be responsible for facilitating the
ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of this new
economic development initiative.
1. Planning and Program Development
• Develop and maintain a project work plan that accomplishes project
goals and objectives.
• Convene and facilitate an Advisory Board of diverse community and
• Work with the Advisory Board to secure necessary resources for
project implementation and sustainability.
2. Implementation and Monitoring
• Coordinate project activities, including training institute,
consulting services, business fair, and industry network.
• Interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure
cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
• Monitor project activities, investigate trends, and recommend and
implement modifications to improve project effectiveness.
• Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress and
recommendations or conclusions.
3. Marketing and Community Outreach
• Coordinate a marketing and communications program that promotes
awareness and utilization of LEDI services and maintains project
partners abreast of project successes and activities.
• Serve as the primary spokesperson for the project. Represent the
project at various community meetings and events.
4. Support organizational and program goals
• Participate in strategy meetings, including discussing client and
community needs, marketing efforts, and current challenges and
• Play an active role in target communities to enhance the brand and
reputation of the BDC.
• Build relationships with community groups, businesses, and
individuals to develop resources to support the BDC and facilitate the
delivery of the organization’s programs.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, changes and developments.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration or
• Strong organizational and project management skills necessary to
plan, coordinate, and successfully implement a variety of project
activities and event.
• Knowledge of business and management principles for strategic
planning and resource allocation.
• Confident individual with outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Strong initiative and the ability to succeed in a highly independent
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands efficiently and
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear,
articulate reports and persuasive proposals.
• A positive attitude and commitment to the BDC’s success.
• A strong interest in community and economic development.
• Experience in the construction field or industry a plus.
The position is FT exempt. Salary range is $47,000- $52,000 DOE.
The Business Development Center (BDC) is a nonprofit agency that helps
entrepreneurs obtain the tools and support to be successful business
owners. Our clients are primarily low-income minority, immigrant, and
women entrepreneurs. As a local economic development strategy, our
goal is to help build strong, growth-oriented businesses that create
jobs and generate renewed economic activity in West Contra Costa
County. Find out more about the BDC by visiting www.wccbdc.org
Firm Name: West Contra Costa Business Development Center
Firm Website: www.wccbdc.org
Location: Richmond, CA
Start Date: ASAP
Category: Community Development
Contact Name: Danielle Azzalino
Contact Email: Danielle@...
Date Submitted: January 6, 2011
Job Type: Permanent