Public Policy Project Manager
Location: Berkeley, California, 94710, United States
Posted on: November 29, 2010
Category: Planning / Land Use
Experience: 7-10 years
MIG, Inc. provides services in planning, design, communications,
management, and technology. This senior position will be in our
Berkeley, CA headquarters and part of the Management and Policy
Planning Services (MAPS) team which provides strategic planning,
organizational development, agency policy planning, and community
planning outreach services in the fields of land use, transportation,
natural resources, higher education, and social welfare.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal
organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to make
decisions and manage multiple priorities. Specific requirements
include abilities to:
● Develop and manage public policy planning projects
● Design and manage community/stakeholder participation and
collaborative planning projects.
● Conduct research to assist with policy development.
● Prepare high-quality written reports
● Participate in business development efforts.
● Coordinate and manage project teams, including sub-consultants
● Negotiate and manage contracts and budgets.
● Facilitate public and stakeholder meetings and make related presentations.
● Masters’ degree in public policy, planning, urban studies,
environmental studies, public administration, environmental
psychology, sociology, or closely related field.
● Subject expertise in land use planning, transportation, or related areas.
● Seven to ten years senior level experience in strategic planning and
related decision support
● Must have consulting experience.
● Understanding of planning issues, and knowledge of emerging trends
in civic engagement
● Excellent facilitation and writing skills
● Demonstrated ability to bring in projects
● Ability to work with diverse groups, and conduct non-traditional
activities to involve the public.
● MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel required.
● Bi-lingual (Spanish speaker) a plus.
We offer a full benefits package in a collegial work environment. To
apply, please email resume, letter of interest, and salary history to:
Joan Chaplick, Program Director, Management and Policy Planning Services
800 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94710
No phone calls, please.