Ecocity World Summit, Montreal, August 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2010
      Greetings,

      Please see below the announcement for the 2011 Ecocity World Summit in
      Montreal.

      Best wishes from San Jose State,

      --
      Dayana Salazar

      Executive Director
      CommUniverCity San Jose
      communivercitysanjose.org

      Chair and Professor
      Urban and Regional Planning Department
      San Jose State University
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      dayana.salazar@...
      www.sjsu.edu/urbanplanning

      [image: Montréal 2011 - Ecocity World Summit / Écocité sommet
      mondial]<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a382f256304ffb5987c6b7210346658c26c>
      [image:
      August 22-26, 2011 / Du 22 au 26 août 2011 / Palais des congrès de Montréal,
      Canada]

      Est-ce que vous préférez lire ce message en français
      ?<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a381f7c9f7507fae5ce6b7210346658c26c>

      Dear Sir or Madam,

      I am the person responsible for the promotion of the Ecocity World Summit
      2011 to be held in Montréal from August 22-26, 2011. I come to you today to
      see how you can help us promote this unique event as we believe Ecocity 2011
      will be of great interest to people in your network.

      Ecocity 2011 is 9th in a series of international conferences held since 1990
      on the theme of the sustainable city. The Ecocity international conference
      series was initiated by Richard Register, founder and president of Ecocity
      Builders, one of the world's great theorists and authors in ecological city
      design and planning. Mr. Register will be one of our keynote speakers as
      well as Mr. Jan Gehl, renowned architect and professor emeritus of Urban
      Design at the School of Architecture in Copenhagen. More than 1,500
      participants from over the world are expected to attend.
      PROMOTION

      We welcome any way you can help us in reaching as many people as possible:

      - Hyperlink: you can download a logo or a web
      banner<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a381bd3c17d947361486b7210346658c26c>to
      be published on your Website with an hyperlink to
      www.ecocity2011.com or included in a newsletter;
      - *Calendar of events on your website or publication*: we can provide you
      with the necessary information to include in your calendar or message board.
      - *Spread the news*: you can publish our news on a regular basis.

      I invite you to browse through our website
      www.ecocity2011.com<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a38a3797bef54aa733f6b7210346658c26c>as
      you might find interesting info.
      Here is the ecocity 2011 latest news:

      - Call for proposals: The Ecocity World Summit launched its Call for
      proposals online system on November 5. Here is a link to the
      enewsletter<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a380d5b7318f23a96a06b7210346658c26c>announcing
      the launch.

      - Program: The detailed program is available at this
      webpage<http://track.mms.cactus.net/c/1/d19cfac96ed81defcd6247f220733a38010c02d13cece5106b7210346658c26c>.
      It contains six interesting interconnecting themes:

      - CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE ECOCITY

      - ECOMOBILITY, URBAN PLANNING, PUBLIC SPACE

      - GOVERNANCE AND DEMOCRACY IN THE ECOCITY

      - ECONOMICS OF THE ECOCITY

      - HEALTH AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT

      - BIODIVERSITY AND URBAN AGRICULTURE

      Should you have any other ideas to help us promote this event throughout
      your network, or if your require more information on Ecocity 2011, please do
      not hesitate to contact me.

      I thank you for keeping me posted on your intentions. However, if I should
      be speaking to someone else within your organization about promoting our
      event, I would appreciate if you could forward this e-mail to the right
      person and let me know.

      I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for helping us make this
      event a success.

      Best regards,

      CATHERINE LARAMÉE

      Communications Advisor
      ECOCITY WORLD SUMMIT 2011 SECRETARIAT

      c/o Opus 3 inc.
      417 Saint-Pierre Street, Suite 203
      Montréal, Québec H2Y 2M4
      claramee@...
      Is it really necessary to print this email? Let's be environmentally
      friendly!