FT job - Emeryville - Bay Area Economics - Associate, Urban and Real Estate Economics

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2010
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/46808%5d

      Associate - Urban and Real Estate Economics
      Bay Area Economics (BAE)
      Location: Emeryville, California, 94608, United States
      Posted on: November 10, 2010
      Category: Economics / Finance

      BAE is an award-winning national urban and real estate economics
      consulting firm serving primarily public sector clients. Our work
      focuses on economic development, public-private transactions,
      affordable and workforce housing, public finance, and economic/fiscal
      impacts analysis. More information about BAE can be found at
      www.bae1.com.

      We are currently seeking an experienced Associate to join our
      headquarters office staff in Emeryville, CA. This position requires a
      graduate degree in City Planning, Urban Studies, Business, or
      equivalent, and experience in market analysis, financial feasibility,
      revitalization, public policy analysis, and quantiative research. The
      ideal candidate will have strong writing and presentation skills, and
      a passion for addressing urban issues. One to three years of work
      experience, as well as demonstrated skills in financial analysis,
      demographics and markets, GIS, SPSS, and related tools are highly
      desired.

      Most of the work associated with this position will be located in
      Northern and Southern California, with some possibilities for travel
      and support to our Washington DC and NYC offices. Knowledge of
      California planning and environmental law, as well as geographic
      knowledge of Northern California are highly desired.

      BAE offers a fun and dynamic workplace, with a strong benefits
      package. We seek innovative, dedicated urban professionals intersted
      in green economic development, sustainable cities, and community
      development.

      To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, resume, and
      writing sample to: Janet Smith-Heimer, Managing Principal, at
      jsmithheimer@...

      Please note: this is not an urban design or physcial land planning
      position; those resumes will not be considered.