TRANSFORUM: "What Will it Take to Revolutionize the Next Federal Transportation Bill?" (Oakland, 11/16)

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      [Info and registration at: http://transformca.org/events/transforum-federal%5d

      11/16/2010, 5:30 pm

      Location: TransForm's Oakland Office 436 14th St., Oakland, CA

      We Need a 21st Century Transportation System - Not More Highways

      For the past fifty years, federal transportation policy and funding
      has focused almost entirely on building highways.

      Well, it's time for a change - and we intend the next federal
      transportation bill to move boldly in a new direction and dramatically
      shift funds towards public transportation, smart growth, and repairing
      our aging roads and bridges rather than building more highways.

      Join us for a lively TransForum that looks at how the federal
      transportation bill needs to change and how this can support
      world-class public transportation and walkable communities in the Bay
      Area. We will also cover what will happen with the campaign over the
      next months, including how the recent election factors in and how you
      can get involved.

      Speakers will include: Shannon Tracey (the Transportation For America
      campaign coordinator in California); Carli Paine, TransForm's
      transportation program director; Jessica Zenk, the Transportation
      Policy Director at the Silicon Valley Leadership Group; and Andy
      Thornley, San Francisco Bicycle Coalition's program director (and
      TransForm Board President).

      TransForm is coordinating the Transportation For America campaign in California.

      The TransForum is on Tuesday, November 16 from 5:30-7:30pm at our
      Oakland office and will include time at the end for networking over
      complimentary wine and snacks.

      TransForums are free for TransForm members and $5 for non-members.
      Register for the TransForum by 5:00pm on November 12 (events do sell out!).