Lecture 10/19 by Don Weden on “Cities For All Ages”.

  • Maria Candida
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010
      Lecture- Tuesday, October 19th University Planning Coalition Speaker Series: "Cities For ALL Ages: Land Use Planning and Our Aging Population".
      Speaker: Don Weden- Retired Principal Planner for Santa Clara County Planning

      The event will be held at San Jose State University, Clark Hall at the Fishbowl Room (on the 1st floor to the right, under the stairs) at 07:00pm.

      -No admission charge. Open to the public.
      -AICP credit will be available for attendees.
      -Please see link below for Clark Hall location-http://nanosense.org/documents/workshops/SJSUCampusMap.pdf
      Note: In the map, Clark Hall is located on the top left quadrant- B2.

      Santa Clara County is about to be hit by a "senior tsunami." In less than 20 years, more than 1/4 of our county's adult population will be over 65, as the Baby Boom generation ages. Many will be non-drivers – living in cities that were mostly designed around the automobile. What can we do to adapt our cities to assure that our growing senior population – and others in our community – can live active, interesting, and productive lives, without having to drive or own a car? Learn more about this rapidly approaching "senior tsunami" and what our cities can do to prepare for it.

      This event is being put on by the Urban Planning Coalition (UPC). The UPC is the official student planning organization of San Jose State University.