FT job - San Francisco - Anchor QEA - Senior Environmental Planner/Biologist

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      [From http://www.calapa.org/en/jobs/v/1991 ]

      Senior Environmental Planner/Biologist - San Francisco

      Categories - Rural Planning, Land Use, Environmental

      Description

      Anchor QEA, an environmental science and engineering consulting firm, is
      seeking a full-time SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER/BIOLOGIST in its Mission
      Viejo, California, or San Francisco, California office.

      We are seeking an employee to perform environmental review work for
      coastal, wetland, riverine, and/or transportation projects. Specific
      responsibilities include analyzing environmental impacts and mitigation
      measures for projects; generating and coordinating the production of
      environmental assessment documents in compliance with SEPA/CEQA and/or
      NEPA; developing applications for and acquiring environmental permits from
      federal, state, and local regulatory agencies; interfacing with clients
      and the public; and participating in proposals for new work. The position
      requires some travel.

      Anchor QEA employs 220 highly motivated people in offices around the U.S.
      Our staff are our most valuable resource, and we are committed to
      fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and
      professional growth of each employee. We accomplish this through a company
      philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, shared benefits,
      participation in the life of the company, shared opportunities, and job
      sculpting. We all strive to contribute to a friendly, supportive, and fun
      work environment.

      Position Type: Full Time
      Location: San Francisco or Mission Veijo
      Job URL: www.anchorqea.com
      Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
      Starts On: 30-Sep-10
      Job Requirements

      Experience

      Candidates will have 3+ years of experience in public or private planning
      and the ability to prepare and manage environmental documentation
      including all related correspondence and procedures. Additional
      experience with relevant permits and statutes, not limited to but
      including, water quality permits, shoreline permits, 404 permits,
      California Coastal Act regulations, Streambed Alteration Agreements,
      and/or Endangered Species Act requirements is desired. Experience with
      aquatic resources biology, such as marine and/or riparian systems,
      wetlands, and hydrology, as well as experience with oil and gas projects
      (e.g., electric and gas transmission lines) is highly desired. Experience
      with preparing proposals and participating in marketing efforts is
      preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Biology, or a closely related
      field is required, Master’s and/or AICP preferred.

      Qualified applicants please email your resume and salary requirements to
      careers@... with Senior Environmental Planner/Biologist in the
      subject heading. Please specify if you are interested in working out of
      our Bellingham, Seattle, Mission Viejo or San Francisco office.

      We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer

      Company Information
      Anchor QEA

      Contact Information
      Jessie LaHaie