Internship: City of San Jose, Environmental Services Department
- *INTERN ANNOUCEMENT:*
*ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT*
San Jos��s Environmental Services Department has established a national
reputation for environmental leadership and innovation with award-winning
recycling, water conservation, and wastewater treatment programs.
With over 400 employees and an annual budget of $124 million, ESD is one of
the City's largest and most visible departments. Among its major initiatives
are to provide:
[image: *] Healthy streams, rivers, marshlands and Bay waters;
[image: *] Reliable water, garbage, and recycling services;
[image: *] Clean and green air, land and energy policy development;
[image: *] Community education aimed at environmental sustainability
*WHY INTERN WITH US?*
The Watershed Protection Division is seeking student interns to help us
protect and improve the quality of San Jose�s Watersheds. We�re looking for
energetic and highly motivated students interested in working and learning
with us to improve the condition of our creeks and rivers.**
*PROJECT DESCRIPTION & OUTCOMES*
Key you would be assisting with include:
- Trash Monitoring & Reduction Program including creek hot spot
monitoring, documentation, and assessment.
- Outreach activities including public presentations and distribution and
management of the public education materials.
- data projects including a variety of GIS-based projects.
- Development of stormwater data collection forms for ArcPad field use.
- support the Pesticide Management Program including implementation of
grant funded projects, wildlife monitoring and database management.
- field and lab operations for various monitoring projects.
- monitor progress of Storm Drain Marking project.
- support interdepartmental coordination related to all aspects of the
City�s Stormwater Permit requirements.
Current enrollment in an accredited college or university in undergraduate
or graduate program is required. Preferred majors include Environmental
Studies, Urban and Regional Planning, Environmental Engineering, Aquatic
Biology, Geography, or other related majors.
*How to Apply?*
Return a cover letter and resume to internsanjose@....
Subject Line: Stormwater Management Program Internship
Please review the newly launched student website:
Hilary Nixon, Ph.D.
Associate Chair, Graduate Advisor
Department of Urban & Regional Planning
One Washington Square (WSQ 218D)
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA 95192-0185
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]