Lecture: Clark Wilson of US EPA on Smart Growth (UC Berkeley, 10/11)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2010
      [From http://www.ced.berkeley.edu/enews/fall10/2010_09_15.html#events ]

      College of Environmental Design LECTURE SERIES

      Clark Wilson, Smart Growth Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
      Monday, October 11, 2010 | 7:00 pm | 112 Wurster Hall, UC Berkeley

      Clark Wilson is an urban designer with the EPA Smart Growth Division. His
      focus is ecologically sustainable development, specifically in advancing
      the transportation, livability, and environmental goals of smart growth in
      street design. Prior to EPA, he was an urban design consultant and adjunct
      faculty member at UC Berkeley.

      Smart Growth covers a range of development and conservation strategies
      that help protect our natural environment and make our communities more
      attractive, economically stronger, and more socially diverse. The EPA
      smart growth program helps communities improve their development practices
      and get the type of development they want. We work with local, state, and
      national experts to discover and encourage successful, environmentally
      sensitive development strategies.