Internship - Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network - Federal Outreach Program intern

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 2:04 PM
      Support Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network’s Federal Outreach Program -
      Federal Procurement Clearinghouse

      Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network seeks an intern to support our newly
      established federal outreach program. The 2010 Silicon Valley Index
      carried out a special analysis entitled “Silicon Valley’s Engine: At
      Risk?” and this survey of our region’s innovation habitat found a change
      in our historic relationship with the federal government as an investor,
      procurer, and incentivizer. As a result of this finding and with the
      assistance of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation we have begun an
      initiative to grow and improve Silicon Valley’s partnership with the
      federal government and increase our share of federal funding.

      We are seeking an intern to assist with implementing our Federal
      Procurement Clearinghouse. This clearinghouse will compile and aggregate
      sources sought, pre-solicitation, and request for proposal information for
      designated federal agencies and federal programs.

      Also, the intern would compile metrics associated with various federal
      procurements to assist in proposal decision-making to improve Silicon
      Valley's ability to anticipate and capture federal funds.

      Skills required include:

      - Ability to use web search engines to aggregate data for input onto a
      website. Interest in the federal government, economics, policy, energy and
      clean technology a must.

      - About Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network

      Established in 1993, Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network provides
      analysis and action on issues affecting our region's economy and quality
      of life. The organization brings together established and emerging leaders
      - from business, government, academia, labor and the broader community -
      to spotlight issues and work toward innovative solutions.

      Submit short letter of interest and resume by email to:

      Indira Balkissoon
      Director, Federal Outreach Programs
      balkissoon@...