FT job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Project Manager/Consultant

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2010

      Project Manager/Consultant

      Summer/Fall 2010 Seifel Consulting Inc. (Seifel) is pleased to announce an
      opening for a full-time Project Manager/Consultant. This position
      requires a strong understanding of complex urban development issues and a
      dedication to producing exceptional work. As the Project Manager for
      multiple consulting assignments, you will conduct research and
      quantitative analysis, prepare technical analyses and reports, manage
      project staff, provide advisory services to clients, oversee project
      budgets, and actively promote and market the firm’s services. The ideal
      candidate has a proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects,
      thrives on working collaboratively with clients and team members, and
      shares a keen desire to learn and grow in the field.

      In coordination with other Project Managers/Consultants, Senior
      Consultants, Managing Consultants, and/or the President, the Project
      Manager/Consultant will work on the following types of projects:

      * Redevelopment planning and implementation
      * Real estate financial analyses (including pro forma cash flows,
      market research and public private partnerships)
      * Housing policy (especially affordable housing, implementation and
      predevelopment analyses),
      * Economic analyses and strategies, market research and analyses,
      fiscal impact studies, and affordable housing studies.

      Essential Skills, Expertise & Qualifications:

      * Experienced in, and understands, planning, redevelopment, housing,
      real estate and economic analysis.
      * Solid comprehension of financing concepts, principles and
      methodologies, including cash flow modeling and experience developing
      complex spreadsheet models.
      * Prepares technical analyses and reports involving: research,
      quantitative analysis, writing, graphical displays of technical
      information, project management, and time management.
      * Applies financial concepts, such as present value, and develops
      elaborate spreadsheet models. Communicates results from complex analyses
      in a clearly understandable and down to earth manner.
      * Capable of consulting with a broad range of clients, including
      government staff and private clients.
      * Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
      maintaining primary day to day contact with clients.
      * Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
      in Mac OS X and PC platforms. (Knowledge of database programs, graphics
      software, and GIS is desirable.)
      * At least two years work and/or educational experience in real
      estate, redevelopment, and/or urban planning; graduate degree in real
      estate, economics, business, urban planning or public policy preferred.
      * Familiarity with California’s political and economic environment

      About Our Company:

      Seifel is a woman-owned economic consulting firm that has provided
      economic and planning services to our public and private sector clients
      since 1990. We help our clients achieve a competitive advantage by
      developing high-quality real estate that is both economically sound and
      socially responsible. We specialize in the planning, funding and
      development of complex urban redevelopment efforts. To learn more about
      our company please explore our website at www.seifel.com.

      What We Offer:

      Our salaries are competitive and are determined by experience and ability.
      We offer many excellent benefits: 401-K, health, dental and vision,
      tuition reimbursement, commuter allowance and strong advancement
      opportunities. We strongly value the diversity of our team, continuing our
      education, and giving back to the community. This is a lively and
      collegial working environment.

      How To Apply:

      Seifel plans to fill this position by October 4, 2010. Applications
      received by Friday, August 27th will be given priority. For
      consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your responses to
      the questions below to jobs@... This e-mail address is being
      protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it addressed
      to Nancy Evans. As an equal opportunity employer, we treat our employees
      with respect and encourage them to grow in their abilities and
      responsibilities. Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.

      Project Manager/Consultant Questionnaire

      The following questions are intended to assist in the evaluation of your
      qualifications for the Project Manager/Consultant position. Please respond
      to the questions below, limiting your response to no more than 1 1/2 pages

      1. Considering Seifel’s four primary areas of focus, redevelopment,
      economic analysis, affordable housing and real estate, which area(s) would
      you describe as your strength(s), and how would you leverage your
      qualifications into our other areas of work?
      2. Describe a relevant project that you were involved in and describe
      your role in the project.
      3. Describe your experience with the following types of analyses:
      research & problem-solving skills, financial modeling (including proforma
      cash flow analysis) and demographic and economic analysis.
      4. Describe a project where you exercised leadership and management