FT job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Project Manager/Consultant
JOIN OUR CONSULTING TEAM
SEIFEL CONSULTING INC.
Summer/Fall 2010 Seifel Consulting Inc. (Seifel) is pleased to announce an
opening for a full-time Project Manager/Consultant. This position
requires a strong understanding of complex urban development issues and a
dedication to producing exceptional work. As the Project Manager for
multiple consulting assignments, you will conduct research and
quantitative analysis, prepare technical analyses and reports, manage
project staff, provide advisory services to clients, oversee project
budgets, and actively promote and market the firm’s services. The ideal
candidate has a proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects,
thrives on working collaboratively with clients and team members, and
shares a keen desire to learn and grow in the field.
In coordination with other Project Managers/Consultants, Senior
Consultants, Managing Consultants, and/or the President, the Project
Manager/Consultant will work on the following types of projects:
* Redevelopment planning and implementation
* Real estate financial analyses (including pro forma cash flows,
market research and public private partnerships)
* Housing policy (especially affordable housing, implementation and
* Economic analyses and strategies, market research and analyses,
fiscal impact studies, and affordable housing studies.
Essential Skills, Expertise & Qualifications:
* Experienced in, and understands, planning, redevelopment, housing,
real estate and economic analysis.
* Solid comprehension of financing concepts, principles and
methodologies, including cash flow modeling and experience developing
complex spreadsheet models.
* Prepares technical analyses and reports involving: research,
quantitative analysis, writing, graphical displays of technical
information, project management, and time management.
* Applies financial concepts, such as present value, and develops
elaborate spreadsheet models. Communicates results from complex analyses
in a clearly understandable and down to earth manner.
* Capable of consulting with a broad range of clients, including
government staff and private clients.
* Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
maintaining primary day to day contact with clients.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
in Mac OS X and PC platforms. (Knowledge of database programs, graphics
software, and GIS is desirable.)
* At least two years work and/or educational experience in real
estate, redevelopment, and/or urban planning; graduate degree in real
estate, economics, business, urban planning or public policy preferred.
* Familiarity with California’s political and economic environment
About Our Company:
Seifel is a woman-owned economic consulting firm that has provided
economic and planning services to our public and private sector clients
since 1990. We help our clients achieve a competitive advantage by
developing high-quality real estate that is both economically sound and
socially responsible. We specialize in the planning, funding and
development of complex urban redevelopment efforts. To learn more about
our company please explore our website at www.seifel.com.
What We Offer:
Our salaries are competitive and are determined by experience and ability.
We offer many excellent benefits: 401-K, health, dental and vision,
tuition reimbursement, commuter allowance and strong advancement
opportunities. We strongly value the diversity of our team, continuing our
education, and giving back to the community. This is a lively and
collegial working environment.
How To Apply:
Seifel plans to fill this position by October 4, 2010. Applications
received by Friday, August 27th will be given priority. For
consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your responses to
the questions below to jobs@... This e-mail address is being
to Nancy Evans. As an equal opportunity employer, we treat our employees
with respect and encourage them to grow in their abilities and
responsibilities. Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Project Manager/Consultant Questionnaire
The following questions are intended to assist in the evaluation of your
qualifications for the Project Manager/Consultant position. Please respond
to the questions below, limiting your response to no more than 1 1/2 pages
1. Considering Seifel’s four primary areas of focus, redevelopment,
economic analysis, affordable housing and real estate, which area(s) would
you describe as your strength(s), and how would you leverage your
qualifications into our other areas of work?
2. Describe a relevant project that you were involved in and describe
your role in the project.
3. Describe your experience with the following types of analyses:
research & problem-solving skills, financial modeling (including proforma
cash flow analysis) and demographic and economic analysis.
4. Describe a project where you exercised leadership and management
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]