FT job - Oakland - BART - Principal Financial Analyst

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2010
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 08/13/2010 06:32 PM -----

      I am hiring for a Principal Financial Analyst in BART's Financial Planning
      Division. We're a small group in the Operating Budgets Department within
      the Planning and Budget Executive Office. The position is posted on
      bart.gov as a pool posting to generate candidates for several open
      positions. Unfortunately, this means that the job description is written
      in general terms. To help get the word out about Financial Planning's
      position, I've included some of our job functions at the bottom of this
      email. In Financial Planning, we work with people across all areas of BART
      and other agencies. The person filling this position will be expected to
      lead projects, think creatively, and have a good understanding of
      transportation planning. The position offers a high level of autonomy, as
      well as responsibility. Feel free to email or call me if you have any
      questions.

      Participate in corporate planning functions, including developing the
      Short Range Transit Plan, creating financial complex forecasts, and
      writing supporting documentation.
      Compile and conduct statistical analyses of ridership, financial and
      operational data. Interpret and explain results.
      Budget annual operating revenue sources, track and analyze financial
      performance, develop long range projections, and prepare monthly and
      quarterly reports.
      Develop summary presentation materials, reports and visual aids.
      Prepare and present material to senior staff, the BART Board, other
      agencies, and the public.
      Manage agreements with other transit operators, including negotiating
      new agreements and modeling financial impact, forecasting agreement terms
      and managing billing.
      Analyze and cost contract proposals in support of labor negotiations.
      Prepare and submit required regulatory and audit reports.
      May train assigned employees in their areas of work, including
      budgeting and financial analysis methods, procedures and techniques.
      Maintain good supporting documentation and audit trails.
      Participate in special projects as assigned (and this is where it gets
      fun!).

      Thanks!
      Pamela Herhold
      BART Financial Planning