FT job - SF or LA - 3D Visions - Planner II
- [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/45430%5d
Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco, California, United States
Posted on: August 4, 2010
Category: Architecture, Community / Economic Development, Planning / Land
Experience: 3-5 years
We are seeking a professional planner to join our team of planners and
designers in a mid-level position. Our ideal candidate is outgoing,
computer literate, and quantitative. You have the ability to harness the
power and possibilities of the power of social media and mobile devices.
In addition to seeking a candidate with a master’s degree in Urban or
Regional Planning, we want experience in architecture and/or construction,
either through a college undergraduate or master’s degree(s) or real-world
assignments. Regardless, we require a minimum of 3 years professional work
experience, preferably in the private sector. AICP or LEED certification
To be selected for this position, you need advanced computer skills in
Desktop GIS (ArcView or AutoCAD Map 3D) and in one or more graphics/web
publishing programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or
Dreamweaver). You must demonstrate expertise in one program in each group.
We expect strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We require
excellent skills in synthesizing information from diverse economic,
environmental, building or zoning codes, and Census datasets. We need a
team member to collaborate with us on public outreach strategies, tools,
and collateral, by contributing to project websites, print materials, and
planning/facilitating engaging public meetings or workshops. We value
those who can also work independently. Our work requires 15-30% travel,
including some weekends, usually in California. You need a clean record on
your California Driver’s License. Fluent Spanish skills to translate
complex planning and redevelopment terms would be a great asset.
Here’s what we offer:
• You may be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles.
• A collaborative and dynamic work environment.
• An opportunity to help improve the quality of life for tens of thousands
of people in challenging, blighted neighborhoods.
• A variety of work assignments blending field work, computer work, and
interacting with residents and business people of study neighborhoods.
• Access to the most current software, a wireless card or portal, and use
of a tablet PC.
• Flexible scheduling of office-based work days and the opportunity to
• Participation in marketing and promotional efforts, including paid
attendance at some professional meetings and conferences.
• Support for training and professional development.
• Health care allowance, commuter benefit, flexible leave time.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume (files named to reference your
name) to: jobs@...
If you have a digital on-line portfolio, please provide links. Otherwise,
please limit e-mail attachments to 5 MB. Please, do not call us.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]