FT job - SF or LA - 3D Visions - Planner II

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 1:51 PM
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/45430%5d

      Planner II

      3D Visions

      Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco, California, United States
      Posted on: August 4, 2010

      Category: Architecture, Community / Economic Development, Planning / Land
      Use
      Experience: 3-5 years

      Introduction:

      We are seeking a professional planner to join our team of planners and
      designers in a mid-level position. Our ideal candidate is outgoing,
      computer literate, and quantitative. You have the ability to harness the
      power and possibilities of the power of social media and mobile devices.
      In addition to seeking a candidate with a master’s degree in Urban or
      Regional Planning, we want experience in architecture and/or construction,
      either through a college undergraduate or master’s degree(s) or real-world
      assignments. Regardless, we require a minimum of 3 years professional work
      experience, preferably in the private sector. AICP or LEED certification
      is respected.

      Candidacy

      To be selected for this position, you need advanced computer skills in
      Desktop GIS (ArcView or AutoCAD Map 3D) and in one or more graphics/web
      publishing programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or
      Dreamweaver). You must demonstrate expertise in one program in each group.
      We expect strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We require
      excellent skills in synthesizing information from diverse economic,
      environmental, building or zoning codes, and Census datasets. We need a
      team member to collaborate with us on public outreach strategies, tools,
      and collateral, by contributing to project websites, print materials, and
      planning/facilitating engaging public meetings or workshops. We value
      those who can also work independently. Our work requires 15-30% travel,
      including some weekends, usually in California. You need a clean record on
      your California Driver’s License. Fluent Spanish skills to translate
      complex planning and redevelopment terms would be a great asset.

      Here’s what we offer:

      • You may be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles.
      • A collaborative and dynamic work environment.
      • An opportunity to help improve the quality of life for tens of thousands
      of people in challenging, blighted neighborhoods.
      • A variety of work assignments blending field work, computer work, and
      interacting with residents and business people of study neighborhoods.
      • Access to the most current software, a wireless card or portal, and use
      of a tablet PC.
      • Flexible scheduling of office-based work days and the opportunity to
      telecommute.
      • Participation in marketing and promotional efforts, including paid
      attendance at some professional meetings and conferences.
      • Support for training and professional development.
      • Health care allowance, commuter benefit, flexible leave time.

      To apply, submit cover letter and resume (files named to reference your
      name) to: jobs@...

      If you have a digital on-line portfolio, please provide links. Otherwise,
      please limit e-mail attachments to 5 MB. Please, do not call us.