Re: Internship Announcement: Community Outreach Intern

  • Megan Fluke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      Hello!

      *Please send this opportunity far and wide*, the Loma Prieta Chapter is seeking
      six motivated, friendly and creative individuals to support our Building
      Climate-Friendly Communities campaign. Community Outreach Interns will work
      closely with the Grassroots Organizer to foster support for smart
      growth. Strong
      communication skills and a commitment to the Sierra Club's goals are a must.
      We are looking for individuals who are able to work 8-10 hours a week,
      during business hours, though some of the events we host will be after
      business hours.

      Check out what Brian Cramer, a Summer Community Outreach Intern had to say
      about it: *"This internship was a blast and gave me real-world experience in
      grassroots organizing. Though it was definitely challenging at times, I'm
      ending my summer internship with a stronger skill set and a feeling of
      accomplishment knowing that I've made **a real difference in my community. I
      plan to stay involved in the fall."*

      *Key Responsibilities: *

      o Recruit and provide support to volunteers to help promote smart growth
      initiatives

      o Organize and outreach for local house parties, public presentations,
      and volunteer trainings

      o Management and expansion of the Chapter´┐Żs presence online

      o Represent Building Climate-Friendly Communities campaign at local
      events.

      o Support letter writing (to city council, local media sources) and phone
      banking campaigns

      o Data entry and other administrative support

      o Other tasks as assigned

      Additional details in the internship description attached. To share a link
      on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, feel free to use this Craigslist link:
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/crg/1882547145.html

      In service,

      Megan

      --