Presentation by Peter Bass on economic plans and station area planning (Redwood City; 7/26)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2010
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 07/22/2010 04:26 PM -----

      Good Morning,

      I am writing as a member of the Sustainable Land Use Committee of the
      Sierra Club - we have been working to promote transit oriented development
      along the peninsula rail corridor. We know that cities are starting on
      Station Area Planning.

      We would like to invite you to join us for a very special presentation -
      at admittedly short notice.

      We have arranged for Peter Bass of Arlington, Virginia, to be in the Bay
      Area on July 26th, - he is an expert in the economic development aspects
      of transit corridor planning. He worked on the extremely successful and
      well-known "Rosslyn-Ballston transit corridor" for Arlington that is
      organized around the Metro line.

      It is our belief that, in addition to all the other issues, an economic
      plan, for the Station Area Development Plans, is a critical and often
      missing element. When this is integrated into the planning, at an early
      stage, it makes it possible for cities to visualize the economic road-map
      for executing the vision and makes it tangible and measurable.

      We were organizing an informative sessions: Monday 26th 4pm

      This is a heads up as it is short notice but a really great program.

      presentation by Peter Bass followed by Q&A and discussion - your
      participation is much desired..

      The session will be in downtown Redwood City Main Library Community
      Meeting Room (1 block from train and easy parking!)
      We expect this session to be of serious interest to city officials and
      informed individuals.

      1044 Middlefield Rd (Community Room- 2nd Floor - entry at front left)
      Redwood City, CA 94063
      (650) 780-7018.
      www.redwoodcity.org/library

      Substantial refreshments will be served!

      Parking is easy at meters (and free after 6pm).
      http://www.redwoodcity.org/bit/transportation/parking/Overview.html

      Please let me know if you can come . RSVP gd@...
      Are there other individuals who you would like to include / invite?

      Regards,

      Gita Dev
      Sustainable Land Use Committee
      Loma Prieta Chapter, Sierra Club