FT Job: Bicycle and Pedestrian Planner/Designer (Berkeley, CA)

  • Jennifer Donlon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2010
      BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN PLANNER/DESIGNER

      *ALTA PLANNING + DESIGN, BERKELEY*

      Alta Planning + Design, a leading bicycle and pedestrian planning firm, is
      seeking an entry to mid-level planner for our Berkeley office. We are
      seeking an enthusiastic individual with one to four years professional
      experience; excellent writing, physical planning and design skills; a
      background in urban transportation planning and analysis; and
      experience/interest in bicycle and pedestrian issues. Duties include
      professional report writing, transportation research and analysis,
      fieldwork, creation of maps and graphic diagrams, and community outreach.
      Desired technical and software skills include: technical writing, document
      layout and production (MSWord), physical planning, geographic information
      systems (ArcInfo9), Adobe Creative Suite (CS4), statistical analysis
      (MSExcel/SPSS).

      Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. A Master�s degree in
      urban planning, transportation planning or directly related fields is
      preferred. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a casual work
      environment.

      Please send your resume, your salary requirements and/or history, and a
      minimum of two work samples as PDF attachments to
      resumes+pdb@... or to
      Alta Planning + Design
      Attn: Human Resources
      711 SE Grand Avenue
      Portland, OR 97214

      No calls please. To learn more about our firm visit our website
      www.altaplanning.com.