----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Andy Chow <andychow@...
To: BayRail Board group <email@example.com
>; Christopher Lepe <christopher_lepe@...
Sent: Wed, June 23, 2010 10:50:04 PM
Subject: Rail advocacy interships
Rail Advocacy Internships (Volunteer)
BayRail Alliance is looking for up to four interns to work with the BayRail Alliance president and board of directors to conduct a campaign to preserve Caltrain service and perform reviews on local rail transit projects, including the statewide high speed rail project.
About BayRail Alliance
BayRail Alliance is a non-profit, 501(c)4 organization founded in 1983. For more than 20 years, we have advocated for improvements to rail public transit in the San Francisco Bay Area that will efficiently produce a quantum leap in their quality and convenience. To learn more about BayRail Alliance, visit www.bayrailalliance.org
Internship Description – This is a 5 hr/wk unpaid internship.
* Summer interships will start July 2010 through September 2010. Internships will be available through the fall as well.
* The internships are part-time and hours are relatively flexible. Total internship hours for university students can be tailored to your department’s requirements.
* This is a great opportunity for someone with some experience working on urban planning, transportation planning, political science, environmental, and/or social justice issues.
* Interns will gain valuable skills in community engagement, event planning, and helping to manage volunteers.
* Interns will work from home and will be supervised by the BayRail Board of Directors.
Interns will assist in planning of a Caltrain Summit that is tentatively scheduled for September. Tasks include:
* Assisting event registration
* Organize breakout sessions
* Helping to arrange logistics
* Helping to train volunteers
* Promote the event online and through other groups supporting Caltrain
Interns will create a calendar of events that includes rail/transit related meetings in the Bay Area
Interns will work with the Board of Directors to evaluate and comment on proposals to implement high speed rail in the Bay Area.
Interns will attend selected rail meetings and write an evaluation of the meeting on greencaltrain.com
To Apply: Submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Andy Chowat volunteer@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]