Unpaid internship - San Francisco Planning + Urban Research Association (SPUR) - Blog/Social Media Internship

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 9:41 AM
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/43977%5d

      Blog/Social Media Internship
      San Francisco Planning + Urban Research Association (SPUR)
      Location: San Francisco, California, United States
      Posted on: April 27, 2010
      Category: Planning / Land Use
      Experience: Internship

      About SPUR

      The San Francisco Planning + Urban Research Association (SPUR) is one of
      North America’s preeminent urban planning and public policy organizations.
      Through research, advocacy and public education, SPUR promotes good
      planning and good government. SPUR is a member-supported nonprofit
      organization.

      General summary

      We are looking for a great writer to blog for SPUR. Features can range
      from green roofs to Muni service cuts to retrofitting suburbia and more.
      We are also looking to highlight important media events that correspond
      with our mission. This intern will work with the Public Engagement team to
      expand our online connectivity, outreach and content distribution. This is
      an exciting opportunity to publish your writing.

      Project description and Deliverables
      • Work with policy staff to create new dynamic content
      • Develop beats for blog features
      • Report news events
      • Delegate projects and research opportunities
      • Attend events and provide coverage of SPUR activities
      • Distribute content to our social media resources

      Preferred knowledge and skills
      • Journalism background
      • Interest in urban planning and policy
      • Strong writer and editor
      • Previous blog experience
      • Comfortable with a variety of social media platforms

      Contact
      To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Jordan Salinger, Volunteer
      & Intern Coordinator, with the job title in the subject line, at
      internship@....