FT job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Senior Level Consultant

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010
      [From http://planningjobs.berkeley.edu/view/15720/ ]

      Senior Level Consultant

      Job Title: Senior Level Consultant

      opening for a full-time Senior Level Consultant. This position requires an
      innate maturity and dedication to producing exceptional work, as well as a
      proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects. As the Project
      Manager for multiple consulting assignments, you will prepare technical
      analyses and reports, manage staff, oversee project budgets, actively
      market the firm’s services and participate in the firm’s business
      management. The ideal candidate is a motivated team player with a keen
      sense of humor that thrives on diversity in assignments, intellectual
      challenge and a desire to learn and grow in the field.

      The Senior-Level Consultant will advise on the following types of
      • Redevelopment planning and implementation
      • Real estate analysis (including pro forma cash flows, market research
      and public private partnerships)
      • Housing policy, especially affordable housing, implementation and
      predevelopment analyses
      • Economic analyses and strategies

      Essential Skills, Expertise & Qualifications:
      • Significant experience and understanding in planning, redevelopment,
      housing, real estate and economic analysis.
      • Solid understanding of financing concepts, principles and methodologies,
      including cash flow modeling and experience developing complex spreadsheet
      • Ability to apply financial concepts such as present value, develop
      elaborate spreadsheet models and communicate results from complex analyses
      in a down to earth manner.
      • Experience in managing consulting contracts and staff to deliver
      services on time and on budget, including direct supervision of 2 to 4
      staff on project teams.
      • Excellent writing skills, including preparing comprehensive reports and
      • Flexibility, initiative, and attention to details.
      • Experience working with the public sector and ability to communicate
      effectively with a variety of federal, state and local government
      officials, private firms and community organizations, as well as
      professional colleagues.
      • Participation in professional associations, including the preparation of
      presentations, workshops and publications.
      • Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
      maintaining primary day to day contact with clients.
      • Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word in
      Mac OS X and PC platforms. (Knowledge of database programs, graphics
      software, and GIS is desirable.)
      • At least 5 years work and/or educational experience in real estate,
      redevelopment, and/or urban planning; graduate degree in real estate,
      economics, business, urban planning or public policy preferred.
      • Experience in California’s political and economic environment preferred.

      About Our Company:

      Seifel is a woman-owned economic consulting firm that has provided
      economic and planning services to our public and private sector clients
      since 1990. We help our clients achieve a competitive advantage by
      developing high-quality real estate that is both economically sound and
      socially responsible. We specialize in the planning, funding and
      development of complex urban redevelopment efforts. To learn more about
      our company please explore our website at www.seifel.com.

      What We Offer:

      Our salaries are competitive and are determined by experience and ability.
      We offer many excellent benefits: 401-K, health, dental and vision,
      tuition reimbursement, commuter allowance and strong advancement
      opportunities. We strongly value the diversity of our team, continuing our
      education, and giving back to the community. This is a lively and
      collegial working environment.

      How To Apply:

      For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to
      jobs@... addressed to Nancy Evans. As an equal opportunity
      employer, we treat our employees with respect and encourage them to grow
      in their abilities and responsibilities. Minority and women candidates are
      encouraged to apply.

      Firm Name: Seifel Consulting Inc.

      Firm Website: www.seifel.com

      Location: San Francisco, CA