FT job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Senior Level Consultant
- [From http://planningjobs.berkeley.edu/view/15720/ ]
Senior Level Consultant
Posted: 08 Apr 2010 12:27 AM PDT
Job Title: Senior Level Consultant
Description: Seifel Consulting Inc. (Seifel) is pleased to announce an
opening for a full-time Senior Level Consultant. This position requires an
innate maturity and dedication to producing exceptional work, as well as a
proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects. As the Project
Manager for multiple consulting assignments, you will prepare technical
analyses and reports, manage staff, oversee project budgets, actively
market the firm’s services and participate in the firm’s business
management. The ideal candidate is a motivated team player with a keen
sense of humor that thrives on diversity in assignments, intellectual
challenge and a desire to learn and grow in the field.
The Senior-Level Consultant will advise on the following types of
• Redevelopment planning and implementation
• Real estate analysis (including pro forma cash flows, market research
and public private partnerships)
• Housing policy, especially affordable housing, implementation and
• Economic analyses and strategies
Essential Skills, Expertise & Qualifications:
• Significant experience and understanding in planning, redevelopment,
housing, real estate and economic analysis.
• Solid understanding of financing concepts, principles and methodologies,
including cash flow modeling and experience developing complex spreadsheet
• Ability to apply financial concepts such as present value, develop
elaborate spreadsheet models and communicate results from complex analyses
in a down to earth manner.
• Experience in managing consulting contracts and staff to deliver
services on time and on budget, including direct supervision of 2 to 4
staff on project teams.
• Excellent writing skills, including preparing comprehensive reports and
• Flexibility, initiative, and attention to details.
• Experience working with the public sector and ability to communicate
effectively with a variety of federal, state and local government
officials, private firms and community organizations, as well as
• Participation in professional associations, including the preparation of
presentations, workshops and publications.
• Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
maintaining primary day to day contact with clients.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word in
Mac OS X and PC platforms. (Knowledge of database programs, graphics
software, and GIS is desirable.)
• At least 5 years work and/or educational experience in real estate,
redevelopment, and/or urban planning; graduate degree in real estate,
economics, business, urban planning or public policy preferred.
• Experience in California’s political and economic environment preferred.
About Our Company:
Seifel is a woman-owned economic consulting firm that has provided
economic and planning services to our public and private sector clients
since 1990. We help our clients achieve a competitive advantage by
developing high-quality real estate that is both economically sound and
socially responsible. We specialize in the planning, funding and
development of complex urban redevelopment efforts. To learn more about
our company please explore our website at www.seifel.com.
What We Offer:
Our salaries are competitive and are determined by experience and ability.
We offer many excellent benefits: 401-K, health, dental and vision,
tuition reimbursement, commuter allowance and strong advancement
opportunities. We strongly value the diversity of our team, continuing our
education, and giving back to the community. This is a lively and
collegial working environment.
How To Apply:
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to
jobs@... addressed to Nancy Evans. As an equal opportunity
employer, we treat our employees with respect and encourage them to grow
in their abilities and responsibilities. Minority and women candidates are
encouraged to apply.
Firm Name: Seifel Consulting Inc.
Firm Website: www.seifel.com
Location: San Francisco, CA
Category: Community Development
Contact Name: Nancy Evans
Contact Email: jobs@...
Date Submitted: April 7, 2010
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]