Hello Friends, Supporters and Colleagues,
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland is looking for an intern to join us part-time and help us coordinate our volunteer and membership needs. I'd appreciate your help in circulating the job description below to folks you think may be interested, and would welcome any recommendations you may have of folks to reach out to.
Executive Director - Walk Oakland Bike Oakland
/ 415-290-0129 (c) / http://www.wobo
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland
Membership and Volunteer Intern
Part-Time, Monthly Stipend
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) is a local bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organization dedicated to making biking and walking in Oakland safe, accessible, easy and fun!
WOBO seeks a dynamic and motivated person who will function as our Membership & Volunteer Intern. The Membership & Volunteer Intern will work alongside the Executive Director, Oaklavia Event Coordinator and our Board of Directors to broaden WOBO's outreach and visibility, refine our membership and volunteer programs, and build our grassroots membership base. In addition to helping to make Bike to Work Month a great success in Oakland this May, WOBO is also working to organize our inaugural event: "Oaklavia: Come Play In the Streets," Oakland's own version of San Francisco's Sunday Streets and Bogotá's Cyclovia.
This internship is an opportunity to help build and strengthen an emerging organization. You will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of WOBO. The Membership & Volunteer Intern will have important responsibilities from the beginning of his/her internship, and will support the Executive Director on other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate volunteer needs of "Bike to Work Month and Oaklavia: Come
Play in the Streets"
- Coordinate and fulfill new membership requests and renewals
- Manage the WOBO database (Salesforce)
- Coordinate development and distribution of WOBO materials and collateral
- Maintain the online WOBO event calendar
- Develop volunteer management system and coordinate volunteer trainings
- Assess and coordinate volunteer needs for WOBO, working with WOBO outreach committee and event coordinators
- Develop and coordinate communications calendar for WOBO projects, campaigns and appeals
- Write direct mail appeals, newsletter and website pieces and Facebook outreach
- Interest in/experience with Marketing/Membership/Outreach
- Strong track record of coordinating team projects
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong multitasking ability
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Natural leadership qualities
- Solid MS Word and Excel
- Proven Success with Marketing/Membership/Outreach Efforts
- Web/html experience
- Graphics savvy (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Advocacy writing experience
- Familiarity with biking and walking in Oakland
- Familiarity and experience with Oakland's diverse neighborhoods and
- Commitment to building a sustainable and more livable Oakland
- Experience with Macintosh computers
- Experience with Salesforce or relational databases a plus
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
We are currently accepting applications for this position. Please send a letter of interest, references and resume to: info@walkoaklandbikeoakland. org <%27info@walkoaklandbikeoakland. org%27>
Or mail to:
WOBO Attn: Membership and Volunteer Intern
436 14th St, Suite 1216
Oakland, CA 94612
This is a part-time internship (15-20 hours a week) and reports to the
Executive Director. We are asking for a 6 month commitment.
Carli Paine, Transportation Program Director
(Formerly TALC, the Transportation and Land Use Coalition)
436 14th Street, Suite 600, Oakland, CA 94612