Paid Internship - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Economist/Planner Summer Internship

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2010
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 03/30/2010 09:30 PM -----

      Economist/Planner Graduate Student Summer Internship

      Job Title: Economist/Planner Graduate Student Summer Internship

      SEIFEL CONSULTING INC

      Summer 2010

      Seifel Consulting Inc. is pleased to announce an Economist/Planner
      internship opportunity for a graduate student. We are a woman-owned
      economic consulting firm that has provided strategic economic and planning
      services to our public and private sector clients since 1990. We help our
      clients achieve a competitive advantage by developing high-quality real
      estate that is both economically sound and socially responsible. We
      specialize in the planning, funding and development of complex urban
      redevelopment efforts. Our firm consults to cities, counties,
      redevelopment agencies, state and federal agencies, private developers and
      financial institutions. We advise on a variety of development types,
      including public private partnerships, mixed-use, residential, retail,
      office, industrial, former military base and brownfields reuse, and infill
      development.

      This internship requires an innate maturity and dedication to producing
      exceptional work. A proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple
      projects is a must since the ideal intern will: research, write and
      produce reports and articles, perform market research, prepare financial
      analyses, create graphics for reports and presentations, and create
      databases. This internship is also likely to include experience in the
      following topics, some of which may be developed into the topic of a
      Professional Report required for the completion of many gradate programs:

      • Redevelopment planning:
      • Case studies of successful redevelopment, particularly large-scale
      brownfield/infill development; other projects as assigned
      • Real estate and market research and financial analyses:
      • "Green" projects through public private partnerships; pro forma modeling
      for affordable and market rate housing; demand for retail within
      transit-oriented development; economics and facilitation of infill housing
      and mixed-use development (particularly transit-oriented development)
      • Fiscal and economic impact:
      • Economic/fiscal implications of sustainable communities strategies
      required by SB375; analysis of the economic crisis and its impact on
      fiscal stability in diverse jurisdictions; compilation of low cost, local
      solutions for building more sustainable communities
      • Housing studies:
      • Affordable housing tax credit financing; nexus studies for inclusionary
      housing policies/fees; analysis of Neighborhood Stabilization Program
      (NSP)
      Our firm stresses client satisfaction, high quality products and timely
      completion of work. We are looking for an individual who enjoys and is
      capable of doing more than one type of project at once, and the following
      skills:
      • Possesses a working knowledge of real estate, planning, redevelopment,
      economics, including terminology and concepts within the field preferred
      • Maintains a basic understanding of financing concepts, principles and
      methodologies, including cash flow modeling; and enjoys developing and
      modifying mathematical models
      • Excels in effective and professional communication, both written and
      verbal, including an ability to prepare comprehensive narrative reports
      and written correspondence
      • Exhibits flexibility, initiative, and a strong attention to detail
      • Demonstrates a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, &
      PowerPoint); both Macintosh and PC Systems, and Internet research.
      Knowledge of database programs (FileMaker, Access, etc.); graphics
      software and GIS experience desired

      What We Offer: The position is full-time until classes begin, with the
      possibility of becoming a part-time position during the school year. Upon
      completion of the internship, a stipend may be available based on the
      intern’s experience and work produced. We strongly value the diversity of
      our team, continuing our education, giving back to the community, and a
      work life balance. This is a great working environment and this internship
      will be memorable.

      How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to nancy@...
      for prompt consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer; minority
      and women candidates are encouraged to apply. We encourage you to explore
      our website at www.seifel.com and learn more about our company.

      Firm Name: Nancy
      Firm Website: www.seifel.com
      Location: 221 Main St., Suite 420, San Francisco, CA 94105
      Paid: Paid
      Start Date: June 1, 2010
      Category: Economic Development
      Contact Name: Nancy Evans