WTS March Program - SFO Terminal 2: Construction Tour

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2010
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 03/17/2010 10:14 AM -----

      SFO Terminal 2: Construction Tour
      Please RSVP by March 26th through our events website at
      http://wtsevents.org/chapter/SanFrancisco/
      Please join the WTS San Francisco Bay Area Chapter for a tour of the
      renovations underway at San Francisco International Airport’s Terminal 2.
      The former International Terminal is now being completely rebuilt to
      return to use as a domestic terminal.
      Turner Construction, the project’s general contractor, is welcoming us to
      their construction site and will guide us through the new space,
      demonstrating the features of the new terminal, including the
      incorporation of a range of sustainable design elements and efforts to
      achieve LEED Silver certification, as well as discuss the history of the
      project and its place in the Airport’s continuing efforts to effectively
      serve Bay Area travelers. Our tour will be followed by a reception at one
      of the Airport’s local San Francisco vendors.
      We will meet outside Terminal 2 on the lower level (Domestic Arrivals) and
      proceed as a group to the Turner construction site at Courtyard 2. Because
      this is a working construction site, we will be required to wear
      appropriate safety gear. Please wear close-toed, hard-soled shoes and long
      pants. If you have a hard hat and/or safety vest and are able to bring
      them with you, please indicate in your RSVP so that we know we will not
      need to provide them for you.
      Key Information
      DATE: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
      WHEN: 4:00pm – 5:30pm

      WHERE: Terminal 2, SFO - Domestic Arrivals (Lower Level), Millbrae, CA
      94030

      COST: $45 WTS Members; $60 Non-Members; $10 Students

      FOOD: Refreshments Provided following the Tour

      How to Get There
      Public Transit Access
      SamTrans, CalTrain and BART all run service to or near SFO. The “Take
      Transit Travel Planner” accessed at 511.org will provide information for
      all public transit options to SFO.
      Parking Access
      There are several parking garages at the Airport.
      The AirTrain, SFO’s fully automated people mover, offers access to SFO's
      Terminals, Terminal Parking Garages, Rental Car Center and BART Station.
      For a map showing the AirTrain system and its connections, visit SFO’s
      website: http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/atsfo/airtrain/map/
      Please RSVP by March 26th through our events website at
      http://wtsevents.org/chapter/SanFrancisco/
      Please remember that your reservation is a financial commitment.