Urban Designer - San Francisco
- From Craigslist
Mandarin-Speaking Urban Designer (San Francisco)
Date: 2010-02-16, 12:10PM PST
Reply to: job-tf4jm-1603724946@... [Errors when replying to ads?]
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, an internationally-known,
multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering design practice seeks
applications for an Urban Designer to join the Urban Design and
Planning Studio in its San Francisco office. The Studio specializes in
the planning and urban design of large-scale, urban revitalization
projects, as well as in master plans for major institutions, business
campuses, and new communities. Projects are primarily located in the
western United States and the Pacific Rim. The candidate will have the
opportunity to work on prestigious projects, for interdisciplinary
collaboration within the firm, and gain visibility in the community.
- Master Degree in Urban Design or City Planning, with undergraduate training in architecture design.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in the
urban design and physical planning profession in North America.
BACKGROUND & SKILL SET:
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to speak, read and write Mandarin
- Demonstrated excellence in urban design, 3-D building massing conceptualization
- Understand urban planning zoning and technical issues
- Outstanding graphic presentation skill
- Candidate must demonstrate computer skills, including proficiency with AutoCAD and desktop publishing software
- Ability to use GIS and 3-D computer modeling software is a plus
- Highly-motivated, good team player, and possess strong oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to support client and multi-disciplinary sub-consultant team communications
- Travel may be required
fax: 415- 352-3888 Attn: HR
mail:One Front Street, Suite 2400, San Francisco, CA 94111
Please include cover letter, work samples, & salary requirements with resume. No calls please.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]