Transportation technologies & the environment conference - student volunteers needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2003
      The following local conference is in need of student volunteers. In
      exchange for a bit of your help, you can attend the conference for free
      (regular admission for students is $40). If interested, contact Margaret
      Bruce (contact info below).

      Asha Weinstein
      Department of Urban and Regional Planning
      San José State University
      One Washington Square
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      email: asha.weinstein@...
      phone: 408-924-5853

      ______________

      Save Energy! Save the Environment! Save Money!

      Volunteer and get in FREE

      "Power and Motion: Economic and Environmental Vitality through Emerging
      Energy and Transportation Technologies.

      April 24th, 2003

      The Hydrogen Economy. Fuel Cells for Vehicles and Power. Distributed
      Generation. Electric Cars. Innovations to Reduce Emissions.

      How will these things change the way we live? How do we take advantage of
      technology that's already available? How do we plan now for the energy and
      environment-saving technologies of the future?

      Attendees will be inspired, informed and equipped with practical tools to
      guide your company or organization in identifying energy saving and
      innovative transportation and energy opportunities and implementing
      actions that can provide financial and environmental benefits.

      Join us on April 24th, 2003. Together with the Silicon Valley
      Environmental Partnership, the Sustainable Silicon Valley initiative,
      CalEPA, and PG&E, the Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group will present "Power and Motion: Economic and Environmental Vitality through Emerging
      Energy and Transportation Technologies" at AMD's Corporate Headquarters' campus in Sunnyvale.

      STUNDENT VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR:

      § Assembling conference materials (the two or three days before the event ?
      April 21, 22, 23 and the day of)

      § On-Site Logistics (the day before and the day of the event April 23, 24)

      § Speaker Liaisons (to greet and provide support for our speakers and
      special guest the day of the event)

      We can use approximately 15 volunteers. Please contact Margaret Bruce at the Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group
      at 408/501-7858 or mbruce@... for more information and to sign up.