Fellowship/employment - The San Francisco Foundation - Environment Fellow
- Please conserve: Think before you print this email.
. See this page for more information, including application details.]
The San Francisco Foundation
Multicultural Fellowships in Arts and Culture, Education, and Environment
We are now accepting applications for the 2010-2012 Fellows in Arts and
Culture, Education, and Environment Program areas. Please read the
following carefully for complete application information and to learn
about the upcoming information sessions. Read more about the Multicultural
Fellowship Program here in our Program section.
* Self-directed, team-oriented, and leadership qualities.
* Demonstrated interest in fundraising, donor development, and
nonprofit or public service.
* Volunteer and/or work experience in a specific Program area as
* Eagerness to learn about the philanthropic sector.
* Ability to interact effectively with diverse audiences from varying
* Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical skills.
* Ease in producing high quality work in a high-production,
* Strong computer/software skills, including Windows and Microsoft
Word and Excel.
* Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
* A Master’s degree in a relevant area or equivalent research and
analysis experience preferred.
* A minimum of five years of related work experience is required in
addition to the specific requirements for each of the program areas noted
Arts and Culture Program Fellow Qualifications: Deep knowledge of visual,
performing, media, and/or literary arts. A background in the arts and
nonprofit experience is important. An understanding of the issues facing
arts organizations and individual artists is essential.
Education Program Fellow Qualifications: Knowledge of child and youth
development issues with an understanding of schools, childcare, or
youth-serving programs required. Knowledge of school reform issues is
desirable. Background in organizational development, policy analysis, or
evaluation is especially welcome.
Environment Fellow Qualifications: Education and experience in the area of
environmental advocacy, environmentally sustainable economies,
environmental health and justice, land-use, smart growth, and policy work.
A background in Bay Area environmental justice issues and environmental
sustainability is desired. Knowledge of climate change policies and
programs will be helpful.
Monday, March 22, 2010. Emailed applications must be received by 5:30 p.m.
Mailed applications must be postmarked by the deadline date.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]