Air Quality Internship | Office of Supervisor Ken Yeager
- Duties & Responsibilities
This internship position provides policy analysis support to the
Supervisor and those members of his staff who support him in his roles
as a Director of the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD)
and a Member of the California Air Resources Board (ARB). This policy
analysis support includes the reading and summarizing of staff reports
and background information, with particular emphasis on the ability to
brief the Supervisor and his staff on the scientific and technical
aspects of the policy proposals. The intern must have the ability to
ask questions and interact in a professional manner with county staff
and staff from both the BAAQMD and ARB. The intern may also attend
various meetings related to the work of these two bodies, as
appropriate, and handle other related duties and responsibilities, also
- Either a post-graduate degree in a related field or enrollment in a
post-graduate degree program in a related field;
- Demonstrated interest and educational background in science;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, including research
and analytical skills;
- Organizational proficiency, including the abilities to prioritize,
handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and in a team of diverse people; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Outlook, Excel, and Access.
Compensation and Work Schedule
This position pays $16 per hour for a maximum of ten hours per week.
The internship is anticipated to begin some time in January 2010.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to:John P.
Mills, Chief of Staff -- Office of Supervisor Ken Yeager, Fourth
DistrictFacsimile: (408) 299-2038 / E-mail: john.mills@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]