FT job - San Jose - URS - Environmental Planner
- Please conserve: Think before you print this email.
Location: San Jose, California, United States
Posted on: January 22, 2010
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Urban/Regional Planning,
Landscape Architecture, Geography, Public Administration, and/or related
• Typically possesses at least 5 years of experience working in the field
of environmental assessment and planning in California.
• Demonstrated experience preparing or contributing to the preparation of
environmental review documents under CEQA and NEPA and thorough
understanding of all applicable regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to assist with the management of environmental
document contracts with direction, including but not limited to:
coordination with internal staff, external consultants, and clients;
review of internal draft report sections or technical studies;
incorporation of such materials into environmental review documents;
preparation of project status reports, and other assistance with tracking
project scope, schedule, and budget; etc.
• Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and
analytical skills are required. Applicants should be highly self motivated
with the ability to multi-task and perform detail oriented work.
• Must be client focused to understand and appropriately respond to
organizations business needs.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
• Conducting research and analysis
• Writing environmental review document sections
• Assisting with environmental and land use permitting activities (e.g.,
agency coordination, permit applications, etc.)
• Assisting with project management activities (e.g., coordination with
other technical team members, review of internal draft materials prepared
by others to ensure quality and consistency, tracking of project status,
internal and client communications, etc.)
• Coordinating/overseeing the preparation of graphics and document
• Assisting with on-going marketing activities (e.g., tracking upcoming
opportunities, assisting with proposal preparation, etc.)
For immediate consideration please submit your resume online at
www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition URS42219 or send your resume to
Tara at Tara_Linke@....
URS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports
diversity in our workforce. M/F/V/D.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]