Scholarships for full-time graduate study in transportation: Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship Program
- Please conserve: Think before you print this email.
[From http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ugp/2010_grad_app.htm . More details at
this website. Deadline is March 12.]
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The EISENHOWER GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP (GRAD) provides funding for the pursuit
of Master's Degrees or Doctorates in transportation related fields. The
program objectives are: 1) to attract the nation's brightest minds to the
field of transportation, 2) to enhance the careers of transportation
professionals by encouraging them to seek advanced degrees, and 3) to
retain top talent in the transportation industry of the United States. The
Program is intended to bring innovation and enhance the breadth and scope
of knowledge of the entire transportation community in the United States.
The Eisenhower Graduate Fellowship Program encompasses all modes of
The Eisenhower Graduate Transportation Fellowships sponsor the pursuit of
a Master's, Doctorate (or equivalent) degree in a field of study that is
directly related to transportation. Recipients of the 2010 Eisenhower
Graduate Fellowship must be enrolled full time at an accredited U.S.
Institution of Higher Education not later than the Fall 2010 academic
The Department of Transportation encourages students from Historically
Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions
(HSIs), and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), to apply for the
Eisenhower Graduate Transportation Fellowships.
Applicants of the Eisenhower Graduate Fellowships must:
- Possess an earned baccalaureate degree or be a confirmed graduating
- Be enrolled in an accredited U.S. institution of higher education
- Be pursuing a degree in a full-time program in a transportation-related
- Have at least one full academic year remaining in program of study;
- Conduct ongoing research in one or more transportation-related
- Be planning to enter the transportation profession after completing
their higher level education.
- Non-U.S. citizens must attach a certified copy of their I-20 or I-551 ID
issued by the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS).
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]