Please conserve: Think before you print this email.
Firm: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
Location: 201 Eddy Street San Francisco, CA 94102 (office located
next door at 145 Taylor) Google Maps
Start Date: February 1, 2010
Contact: Nick Griffin, ngriffin@...
Posted: December 23, 2009
TNDC Internship 2009 Description
TNDC seeks a highly motivated intern for the housing development
With the oversight of a Senior Project Manager in the Housing Development
Department, the Intern is responsible for supporting department efforts to
develop affordable housing in the Tenderloin and surrounding
neighborhoods. The hours for this position are flexible, with a minimum of
20 hours per week. Interns are asked to make a minimum commitment of three
months. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
1. Project support to housing development project teams made up of
project manager and senior project manager on several affordable housing
projects in development. May include preparation of funding applications,
construction administration, and solicitations of in-kind donations.
2 Completion of department infrastructure project such as
design/construction standards manual, pro-forma template, family high-rise
housing research, etc.
• Able to take initiative, follow instructions and function
• Able to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects and meet
• Be organized and have excellent time management skills.
• Reliable, punctual, excellent attendance.
• Strong attention to details and follow through.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able and willing to function well in a diverse environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in a career in affordable housing development.
• Willingness to perform administrative tasks related to the
development of affordable housing projects.
• Volunteer, academic, or work experience related to affordable
housing and/or community development.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Nick Griffin, Senior Project Manager,
. Please tell us where you saw this position listed.
Founded in 1981, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s mission
is to provide safe, affordable housing with support services for
low-income people in the Tenderloin community and be a leader in making
the neighborhood a better place to live.
TNDC now owns and manages 25 buildings that provide homes for 2,500
extremely low-income seniors, families, people with disabilities,
low-income wage earners, immigrants and others in the Tenderloin and
nearby neighborhoods. In addition, TNDC provides on-site supportive
services and resources such as social workers and after-school programs to
help residents stabilize their lives and develop a sense of community.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]