ULI San Fr ancisco ha s establis hed the De bra Stein “YIMBY” (Y es In My B ack Yard) Graduate S tudent Fel lowship

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2009
      Folks,
      I received this email as a solicitation for funds - but I would suggest any female students look into applying for this really interesting fellowship - but you'll have to look it up because the only info' below appears to help fund it!
      ID
      SNIPPPED FROM BELOW:

      "In
      honor of her legacy, ULI San Francisco has established the Debra Stein “YIMBY” (Yes In My Back Yard) Graduate
      Student Fellowship to support promising young women in their pursuit of responsible
      land use and urban development. Our hope is to provide these students with unmatched
      access to both professional networks and to knowledge of best practices in
      urban development – while seeding the next generation of female leadership in
      our field. The Fellowship represents Debra’s ideals of education, mentoring,
      responsible urban development, and women’s advancement...."

      From: Frank@...
      To: Frank@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:11:41 -0800
      Subject: Debra Stein's legacy

      Dear
      Colleague,

      In
      honor of her legacy, ULI San Francisco has established the Debra Stein “YIMBY” (Yes In My Back Yard) Graduate
      Student Fellowship to support promising young women in their pursuit of responsible
      land use and urban development. Our hope is to provide these students with unmatched
      access to both professional networks and to knowledge of best practices in
      urban development – while seeding the next generation of female leadership in
      our field. The Fellowship represents Debra’s ideals of education, mentoring,
      responsible urban development, and women’s advancement.

      Every
      $15,000 in contributions funds a full two year Fellowship for one student
      (fellowship details attached). We hope to support at least one young woman a
      year for the next five years (grand total of $75,000). Among ourselves we have
      already pledged $16,000 and hope you will help further Debra’s legacy with a
      generous contribution.

      Jeffrey
      Heller will match, dollar for dollar, the next $10,000 of contributions, so
      your tax‐deductable donation will help us meet this

      goal
      even more quickly. The Fellowship will be launched in the Spring of 2010 to
      serve the first student in Fall 2010. Applications will be open to all female
      students across the country who meet the selection criteria.

      Thank
      you, in advance, for contributing to Debra Stein’s
      legacy.

      Sincerely,

      Frank
      Noto (Debra’s business partner for 19 years)

      GCA Strategies

      15 Quintara St.,
      San Francisco, CA
      94116

      Office:
      415/834-5645

      Cell:
      415/830-1502

      Frank@...

      Debra Stein Student Fellowship

      The mission of the Debra Stein “Yes In My Back Yard” (YIMBY) Student
      Fellowship is to support

      promising women graduate
      students in their pursuit of responsible land use and urban

      development.

      Chosen Fellows will be
      provided with a passport to participate in Urban Land Institute (ULI)

      events and educational
      activities at the national and local level during their final year of graduate

      school and their first
      year in the workforce.

      Fellowship
      Benefits