Tuition-free, English-language masters program in Transport Systems in Stockholm, Sweden)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2009
      Please conserve: Think before you print this email.

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 12/17/2009 07:46 AM -----

      KTH, the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden, is pleased to
      announce our two-year Master's in Transport Systems (MTS) programme. We
      are now welcoming applicants for our fourth cohort, which starts in late
      August 2010. The MTS prepares students for transport-related careers in
      government, academia, and the private sector, with a broad course
      curriculum covering many major aspects of transport analysis, including
      traffic engineering, transport economics, policy analysis, sustainability
      issues, travel modelling, and public transport.

      The programme is offered through the KTH Department of Transport, with
      additional involvement by the faculties of Geoinformatics, Economics,
      Environmental Strategies Research, and Philosophy. The programme is
      presented entirely in English, with students coming from not only Sweden,
      but also across Europe and around the world.

      Also noteworthy is that there are no tuition fees for students admitted to
      the programme, although for students outside the EU, this is probably the
      last year we can offer free tuition (application fees and tuition fees
      will mostly likely be implemented for students who start in Autumn 2011,
      but not for continuing students at that time). In addition, there are a
      limited number of scholarships available to help cover living expenses;
      please see http://www.studyinsweden.se/ for information on how to apply
      for those scholarships.

      To read more about the MTS program, please see
      http://www.kth.se/abe/utbildning/master/mts/1.9357?l=en_UK , and for
      admission requirements and selection, please see
      http://www.kth.se/studies/master?l=en_UK .

      We are now open for applications for students beginning in autumn of 2010.
      The deadline for applications is January 15, 2010. Applications are to be
      filed at the website https://www.studera.nu/studera/1499.html .