PhD fellowships to study sustainable urban infrastructure at the Univ. of Colorado, Denver

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009
      Please conserve: Think before you print this email.

      Exciting IGERT PhD Fellowships Available to Study Sustainable Urban
      Infrastructure in Real Cities!!

      The University of Colorado Denver seeks PhD students in Engineering,
      Architecture & Planning, Public Affairs, and, Health & Behavioral Sciences
      to work on dissertations pertaining to the development of sustainable
      infrastructures in cities worldwide.

      PROGRAM SUMMARY: Our program seeks to integrate innovative technologies in
      various infrastructure sectors (water, energy, transport, waste,
      buildings, etc) with urban planning, public policy and participatory
      community research to achieve urban health and sustainability goals.
      Students from all the participating disciplines in this program will have
      the exciting opportunity to work on real-world sustainability projects in
      cities along the Denver Front Range in Colorado, USA, and/or in our sister
      city, Chennai, India. We are presently partnering with three cities to
      assist in water, energy, climate action and health projects.

      We started the program a few years ago, and it is going quite well. Our
      students like the truly multi-disciplinary and hands-on approach we have
      developed, including new courses, joint dissertation advising, hands-on
      real world projects, etc.

      IGERT PhD TRAINEE BENEFITS include tuition and fees, a stipend of $30K per
      year for 2.3 years, and much more! Students interested in MS degrees
      should enquire about our IGERT MS Associate positions.

      Application materials and other information about the PhD program are
      available at:
      http://www.cudenver.edu/Academics/Colleges/ArchitecturePlanning/programs/phd/Pages/Phd.aspx