Application for examination

  • suswift@davidson.alumlink.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2001
      The California Coastal Commission and Bay Area Development Commission
      will be conducting civil services exams for people qualified to work
      as Coastal Program Analysts (I/II). The deadline for getting in an
      appication for the EXAM (not a job) is August 3rd. Please visit
      http://www.coastal.ca.gov/jindex.html for more information and to
      download the state application form.

      The Commission employs a number of planners throughout the state and
      there are positions available in five of the six districts. However,
      to interview for a position, you must first pass two qualifying
      examinations: a written test and an oral test. It's a rather long
      process, but once you're on the list, you qualify to apply for a
      variety of positions throughout the state that are categorized as
      Coastal Program Analyst. The Commission's headquaters office is in
      downtown San Francisco (at the Embarcadero BART stop). The district
      offices are located in Eureka, Santa Cruz, Ventura, Long Beach, and
      San Deigo.

      This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in
      environmental planning and coastal management. Some background in
      marine science or biology can be helpful, but it is not mandatory.
      You will want to read the Coastal Act before taking the exam.

      Please give me a call if you are interested or have questions about
      applying for jobs at the Commission.

      Cheers,
      Susan Swift
      415.904.5253
    • Brett Hondorp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2001
        You also might want to read the Hawley-Smoot Tariff
        Act, I think there's usually a couple questions about
        it.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/