PARK(ing) Day 2009 - Friday, 9/18

  • Karen Babbitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2009
      Hi All:

      Fun in parking spaces all around the bay tomorrow!

      http://my.parkingday.org/

      In cities around the globe..., artists, activists and citizens will temporarily transform metered parking spaces into public parks and other social spaces, as part of an annual event called "PARK(ing) Day."

      Originally invented in 2005 by Rebar, a San Francisco art and design studio, PARK(ing) Day challenges people to rethink the way streets are used and reinforces the need for broad-based changes to urban infrastructure.

    • Rick Gosalvez
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009
        Join the UPC outside of Washington Square Hall today for the first
        ever Parking Day in San Jose!

        SJSU UPC

        Sent from my iPhone