Our City Forest Tree Amigos & Volunteers:

  • sigmabetafiji
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2009
      Dear Our City Forest Tree Amigos & Volunteers:

      Fall is nearly here and so is the new planting season. We are preparing for a very exciting planting season and we will need all of your help--stay tuned.

      As of now, we are pleased to announce the dates and times for our Fall 2009 Tree Amigo Class. Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested. If you are interested in signing up please see the details below!

      Please fill out the following information to complete your enrollment in the class:
      .
      ** See below for details and class schedule**

      1. First and Last name:
      2. Mailing address:
      3. Phone number:
      4. Email:
      5. Are you willing to volunteer one Saturday per month?

      Please e-mail the above information to us as soon as you can (volunteer@... or call 408-998-7337 ext.105)!

      Tree Amigo Class starts September 30, 2009
      *This class is intended for individuals interested in volunteering with Our City Forest on a regular basis for at least one year.*

      Description: Students will learn planting techniques, species identification, basic tree care, pruning and how to help organize a community planting. There will be a tree nursery tour, a walking tree tour, and a tree planting project during the 18 hour class.

      Meeting Location: The classroom location is at the Our City Forest Office at 151 W. Mission St. Suite 151 San Jose, CA. There will be field training as well, with locations to be announced during the course.

      Schedule:

      Session 1, Classroom - September 30th - Wednesday - 6PM-8PM (Welcome, Our City Forest Introduction and the Science of Trees)

      Session 2, Field - October 3rd - Saturday - 9AM-12PM (Tree Planting)

      Session 3, Classroom - October 7th - Wednesday - 6PM-8PM (Right Tree for the Right Place and Tree Identification)

      Session 4, Field - October 10th - Saturday - 9AM-12PM (Tree Bank Tour and Pruning)

      Session 5, Classroom - October 14th - Wednesday - 6PM-8PM (Common Trees in San Jose)

      Session 6, Field - October 17th - Saturday 9AM-12PM (Walking Tree Tour)

      Session 7, Classroom - October 21st - Wednesday 6PM-8PM (Planting Coordination and Graduation)

      *Dates/Times may be subject to slight changes

      We request that Tree Amigos volunteer one Saturday per month at plantings or outreach events. Most of our tree plantings/volunteer opportunities take place on Saturday mornings from 9AM-12PM. Some plantings are held on weekdays.

      If you have any questions, please contact Lauren at 998-7337 ext. 105 or volunteer@...

      We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

      Sincerely,

      The Our City Forest Team!